Sign in to follow this  

How do you populate airports?

Guest sfgiants13

How do you guys populate your airports? I have only 5 Project AI airlines downloaded, and KSFO has about 40 aircraft there. I used to have a lot of default airline repaints, but they got deleted somehow. But, for 5 aircraft, the population I get is great! So, how do you guys get different airlines to populate your airports and make it as real as possible?

In addition to adding Project AI packs, I also install lots of custom AFCAD files to make more parking spots so that more planes can be there at a time. Search the library here for airport and facilities data files and also download AFCAD by Lee Swordy.KP

Guest sfgiants13

I already have AFCAD. How do you populate your airpots with a lot of different aircrafts is really the question. AFCAD is a powerful tool.

Guest sfgiants13

Anyone?

Guest seev_39

O.K. I will try to helpYou need two programs, the first is AFCAD - which I understand you already have. With Afcad you add gates and parkings.The second program is an AI program to edit your own AI. I create my own AI traffic with a freeware program called AITraffic by Arnt Helge Haaland based on Lee Swordy's TrafficTools. The only limit is that you can create AI traffic for a/c that are in your FS2002 Aircraft folder. But this is no problem because you can download as many add-ons as you wish (be carefull with a/c that has a large MDL file - they are frame rate consumers) Here is a quote from the txt file of AITraffic;"AI Traffic v1.0 is a new utility that allow you to edit the AI traffic within FS2002. It takes advantage of the TrafficTools made by Lee Sword and help you to compile/decompile Traffic.BGL. AI Traffic shows the data in an easy and orderly way and you can add, edit and delete AI flights through an easy interface. AI Traffic got a lot of other features too".With this program and a little imagination you can create all kind of unusual things, as having GA aircraft "hoping" between two nearby airfields with short intervals flying at 1000 ft. to get the feeling of touch and go. If you have 3-5 such aircraft taking off every 10 minutes you are in the middle of a very crowded sky.Have funSeev

Guest sfgiants13

Thanks man. Anyone else care to post?

I'm a relative newcomer to the world of AI add-ons but I've been concentrating on it for the last 3 weeks.I'd start by heading over to http://projectai.flight1.net/ and downloading their installer and Airline and Cargo packages (all under the "Certified Resources" link.They self-install and are very easy to use.Personally, I haven't got into the myriad of front end tools yet that you can use to add A.I. Almost without exception they use ttools in the background (get this whatever else you get).Having used ttools for a couple of weeks, I now have over 600 different A.I. aircraft/repaints flying around. AFCAD as mentioned earlier is essential when you get to these levels of AI. There simply aren't enough parking spaces in the default setup to cope with the traffic.I'd avoid using any aircraft for AI that haven't been designed specifically for the purpose. They either won't display or fly properly or will cause a major penalty on your fps.

Guest sfgiants13

I've been there. THey only have about 5 US aircraft that will cope with ATC names. Where do you get all of your aircraft FSGanda? That's a lot of aircraft. Did you intstall some textures over the default ones? Could you tell me how you installed your aircraft? Your AI traffic is desired by me a lot!

Guest WorkingStiff

:-lol

Guest sfgiants13

Did I miss something, or is all you put a laughing smiley?

>I've been there. THey only have about 5 US aircraft that>will cope with ATC names. Where do you get all of your>aircraft FSGanda? That's a lot of aircraft. Did you intstall>some textures over the default ones? Could you tell me how>you installed your aircraft? Your AI traffic is desired by me>a lot!Get editvoicepack 2.0.Run it and it will donload all the updates. I've yet to come across an airline name for the stuff I've added that isn't in the updates.I mostly use PAI repaints and some aircraft from AI aardvark.P.S. Flightplans are also available from mostrealisticai and the usual file libraries if you want to set up AI for airlines not in the packages.

Guest sfgiants13

Thanks. I'll get to work right now. But, FSGanda, you never did tell me what you did with the defaut textures so they won't show.

>I've been there. THey only have about 5 US aircraft that will cope with ATC names. Where do you get all of your aircraft FSGanda? That's a lot of aircraft. Did you intstall some textures over the default ones? Could you tell me how you installed your aircraft? Your AI traffic is desired by me a lot!http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest sfgiants13

It might be me. Could you give me a list of Project AI airlines that fly out of KSFO? Also, some airlines I've downloaded do for some reason not have flight plans.

I can't explain why you've no flightplans. Where are you downloading the airlines from?To answer your earlier question which I missed, I've downloaded literally hundreds of repaints - mostly from the PAI library, but I leave the default aircraft alone. Whilst they all fly fine as AI, there's no need to use them unless you particularly want to.