Sign in to follow this  

How do you populate airports?

I'm not sure exactly where the problem is - there are auto-installers available for sixty airlines and a few cargo carriers at the PAI website (look under certified resources). They will install automatically, flightplans and all. I don't know exactly which airlines go to SFO, but it will include all the major American, European and Asian carriers.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest sfgiants13

That's odd. Under the certified resources installer packages, there are only about 20 airlines, and about 5 from the US. Those are the only packages I know of that will install using the auto-installer. Am I going to kick myself when I find out they have a lot more than I've known about. But, where are the other packages that will install using the autoinstall?

Guest sfgiants13

Ok, I found the aircraft! But, say I want to put in a B 757. It doesn't have the aircraft notepad folder like the default aircraft do. How do I get those installed? I need to put it in some kind of aircraft notepad folder, don't I?

i wudn't use PAI, i wud use AI-aardvark and FS Painter aircraft for AI planes, PAI are horrible for framerates, unlike AIA and FSP! it has been proven, go to www.ai-aardvark.com, or go to avsim, flightsim, u can get MANY, OR HUNDREDS of AI planes of all airlines, and all types of planes! trust me, just about every airport in the US has about 50 or more planes, the International airports that is!Tim here! A mid is a terrible thing to lose!

Guest sfgiants13

My bad. I probobly wasn't paying attention when I was counting. I see they just realeased American Airlines! Also, do you use the paint kit repaints too, or just the packages?

Dude, I think the auto installer route is the best thing for him at this point!!!!I use PAI, AARDVARK and FSP and they work fine, the performance hit isn't that much of a difference (for me).Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

>Also, do you use the paint kit repaints too, or just the packages?http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

I agree with the comment regarding FPS. I've no paticular preference to PAI aircraft over the others mentioned beyond the fact that that they're faster to install and smaller files as I already have most of the base models.I've got well over 100 gates at Newark, all pretty much filled with (mostly) PAI re-paints. I'm only running a mid-range PC and I don't get a massive frame rate hit as a result. I like aardvark's stuff but if there's a difference in fps over and above PAI, and I'm not saying there isn't, then it's only marginal.

Guest sfgiants13

I've done everything you guys said. I replace the default textures, and the plane is still no longer seen at any airports! It says the airline is not found in AITM. So, I guess it's not installed for somer reason. How do I install the aircraft so it won't get rid of the plane at the airports? It just deletes it one by one as I add new textures in place of the default ones.

Guest sfgiants13

I'm trying to get the default airline repaints I have to fly. I replace the textures and the default planes just dissapear. They appear in the aircraft selection screen, but not as AI traffic anymore since I substituted them.

Guest sfgiants13

I just matched the tiltes in the aircraft.txt to the aircraft notepad. It appears in the flightplan, but it still doesn't show in the flightsim!

Have you changed the number in flightsim.x at the top of the aircraft.cfg entry for your new texture? What do you have in your UI= entries??I'm not in any way wishing to be unkind, but if these kind of questions cause you any puzzlement or confusion, you might be best getting to grips with the procedures for adding texture in general before diving into manufacturing your own A.I. It's a fairly steep learnig curve at the start even when you know what you're doing.