Sign in to follow this  

How do you populate airports?

Guest sfgiants13

Yes, I changed the number. I have under the manufactuar, mostly Boeing, and the variation whatever the aircraft airline is.

Ok - things to check:1) That your flightsim.x "x" number is different to the previous entry and next in sequence.2) That your title for your repaint is unique and matches the entry in the aircraft.txt file exactly.3) That your sim= entry contains the exact name of the .air file in the aircraft folder you're using (without the .air extension).4) That your texture= entry exactly matches whatever the extension is on your texture folder (if it's an additional texture). E.G. If your texture folder is called "Texture.ABC" then your texture= entry must be "texture=ABC". If it's the ONLY texture in the aircraft folder then you can leave it called "texture" and your texture= entry blank e.g. "texture=".5) Check that your ui_variation entry in the aircraft .cfg file is unique for the type of aircraft you're using. If two or more B737s (for example) have the same entry, only the first will show in the aircraft menu.

Guest sfgiants13

Everything I checked matches. It appears on the aircraft selection screen, but not in the simulator. I'll keep trying, but the worst that could happen is that I'll have a lot of airline liveries to fly in, and I won't have any default airlines. My game gets pretty crowded without them, though. KSFO had about 70 gates, and it was almost full. But, I would like to see more airlines. I only downloaded 5 project AI to achieve that.

When you said "it doesn't appear in the flightsim", I took you to mean the aircraft weren't appearing in the menu, which is what all the aforementioned checks were designed to solve. Waste of time obviously..Add more gates and arrive at the airrport prior to departure time - the aircraft will be there.That's me out of this thread now I'm afraid

Guest sfgiants13

But, there not. Any texture I replaced are gone. I stayed at one airport and changed the time by 1 hour for 24 hours. Nothing.

If the textures are gone, changing the time won't do anything - you'll always see a blank plane. Check that the 'texture=' entry in the aircraft.cfg points to the right folder.In any case, why don't you save yourself the hassle and just install PAI - their aircraft are more frame-rate friendly than the default ones, and it will automatically install all flightplans etc. for you.Cheers,Gosta.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest sfgiants13

I'll do that untill I get enough info on how to do it. Thanks to anyone who posted in my posts.

Guest WorkingStiff

This thread is just hilarious. :-lol

Guest sfgiants13

>This thread is just hilarious. :-lolI would ususally want to strangle someone for saying that, but even I know that everyone thinks I'm dumber than a post. Most people who think its halarious, usually have an answer. So, do you have one workngstiff?

Guest WorkingStiff

I certainly do; but you haven't yet shown you are amenable to suggestions.

Guest sfgiants13

>I certainly do; but you haven't yet shown you are amenable to>suggestions.>I would love to hear your answer. I have tried everyone's suggestions, but nothing seems to work. Plus, what do you mean I haven't yet shown I am amenable to suggestions?

Guest sfgiants13

Well, I never did get the default airline repaints as AI traffic. Oh well, if PAI is more frame-rate friendly, maybe its a good thing. So, I guess the best place to start is downloading all of the installer packages. The 5 I have populate the airports really well. The only thing that concerns me is, you guys know how United is big in KSFO. It almost populates the whole airport there! There are only about 2 of each other airline. How can I change that? It's the same for Delta and Atlanta, and Dallas Fort-Worth and American.

Delta & American use the new installers, so those should be OK. Atlanta is REALLY filled with Delta birds, and American fills up most of DFW while Delta/Delta Connection fills in the rest (DFW is Delta' third largest hub after ATL and CVG). On the other hand, United uses the older installers, so maybe you've got a double. Replace those flightplans with MRAI ones, available in the MRAI master file in the library.

Guest sfgiants13

Will do.