Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaapverduijn

Better late than (a "lost" FS2002 tip)

And as I discovered in my research, once you enable it there, you must restart FS for it to take effect....-John

Guest cloudtops

Correct by my findings as well, thanks to your informative post. :)Kevin

Guest EGT_

Yep!! There is a significant improvement on my machine also!I tested with the Piper Meridian at Emma field with 40% scenery complexity, Auto Gen set to minimum before doing this. External FPS: 8-12 Internal: 6-10.After doing as you said there was a jump in Frame rates; External: 10-15 Internal: 8-14.Although I wouldn

Water reflections and aircraft reflections (in spot view) and AI are two big killers of fps. Also, a higher resolution may impede performance.I don't mind flying with 800x600x32, reflections off, and AI at moderate to low levels. Turn both off, and a P3/800 can "look" like a P4 in performance. If you're flying outside of traffic, you won't miss the AI.... Since the tweak, I'm getting at least 17 fps with a/c reflections on, given these settings, in spot view. Some aircraft, like Brian Gladden's 140, get 25 fps w/reflections on.Also, it is often the panel, vs. the aircraft, that causes performance drops. Since applying this tweak, even the ES panels yield 25 fps in cockpit/VC view....

Guest JonP01

>Water reflections and aircraft reflections (in spot view) and>AI are two big killers of fps. Also, a higher resolution may>impede performance.>>I don't mind flying with 800x600x32, reflections off, and AI>at moderate to low levels. Turn both off, and a P3/800 can>"look" like a P4 in performance. If you're flying outside of>traffic, you won't miss the AI.... Since the tweak, I'm>getting at least 17 fps with a/c reflections on, given these>settings, in spot view. Some aircraft, like Brian Gladden's>140, get 25 fps w/reflections on.>>Also, it is often the panel, vs. the aircraft, that causes>performance drops. Since applying this tweak, even the ES>panels yield 25 fps in cockpit/VC view....Actually my observations are that any Geforce Ti 4x00 or faster can handle aircraft reflections with virtually no drop in performance at all. Although I agree water detail and reflections cause noticeable impact even on more current machines.

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings EGT!It's in "settings, display, hardware". The meaning of T&L is "transform & lighting", but WHAT exactly it "transforms" or "lights" I dunno...For those who use eDimensional glasses: some of the Nvidia drivers need T&L "off", while others need it "on", in order to get decent framerates (a different issue from the trick JohnCi mentioned). Right now I'm using drivers that need (on my rig at least) T&L "on" for great framerates. The disadvantage of T&L however, is that in 3D stereo it makes runway lights and various add-on scenery objects appear all over the place. But for myself: I don't use too many scenery add-ons anyway, and the odd-looking runway lights I can live with. Jaap Verduijn.