Sign in to follow this  

MSFS2002 Multiplayer with MSFS2004?

What does the sim community know by now about running multiplay between MSFS2002 and MSFS2004?ThanksAeromachines

ok well with that said, does the multiplayer in fs2004 have that annoying 16 player limit? and also, how's the smoothness of the multiplayer? it sure would be nice to have an old fashioned fly-in online with more than just 16 other planes around again...

so, you can not multiplay between 2002 and 2004. Now that is bad news I think. At least for me. Guess MS wants me to trash the 2002 version, and if I want my grandkids to fly with me on multiplay, just fork over for one more copy. Ha. We have seen this before. But all that aside: how do we know you can not play between them? Has it been tested already? Had it been announced? Or did you good responders come by the information some other mure mundane way? If this was a professional journal we would like footnotes. How do we know this is true. And, thanks for the responses all. I for one appreciate your time and answers.Aeromachinespcpals@qx.net

Guest Marvel

yeah, I hope IVAO will also supports too all the way from MSFS98

Well, now we have to have information on VATSIM. Any takers. I am green on it. I have heard about it but that is about all. But, I guess I can go look it up with Google. Ha. Thankspcpals@qx.net

Well, obviously they won't be able to since they're different programs. You can't do multi with CFS2 and CFS3, so you won't be able to do it with FS2002/2004.As for MP limits, I have no idea, guess we'll all have to wait 'til its released to the public :)

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

maybe someone with the beta can actually answer this for us...

Well, seems like some great attempts to get this sorted out, but no proof either way. Wish I could have been in on BETA testing. It is a lot of work but a lot of fun. I did BETA for the original FLY. But heck, this is fun too. I am still interested if anyone gets the FULL BLOWN truth about this. Thanks.Aeromachinespcpals@qx.net

i just wanted an answer about the multiplayer limit, i could care less about different versions, because the online atc/flying agencies usually take care of that