Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wills402

Last resort post regarding VMAX 747-400 order problem.

Guest Andrew

I have been ignored by Vmax for to long now and this is the only way I can see to get any response from them. So here goes nothing.5 weeks ago I ordered the Vmax 747-400 Ready For Pushback download version. However I was unable to download this file due to its huge file size (60+mb) with my 56k modem. Yes this was an oversight on my part and I realize that this is not a problem with VMAX, but,,, On the VMAX website there was no indication of the file size and I found it misleading, to say the least.My service provider cuts me off intermitantly and I cannot restart the download. I sent more than 5 emails (1 a week to vmax@simpilot.com stating my problem and have recived no reply as yet.If it is possible for the staff at Vmax to send me the CD version, I will pay the extra for the CD and shipping costs.All I need to know is who and how to send the money (VISA) to.My apologes to VMAX, but you just could no be bothered to sort out my problem, and so I had to show it in public.Please stop ignoring your costomers.Andrew Simmons

Did you try posting on thier forums instead of here?They usually respond pretty quickly over there.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Andrew,Go to www.getright.com and download their program. It allows you to resume files if your connection fails or is reset. Its very handy, I used it a lot during my dialup days :)(PS.. Its a 747-200.. not -400 ;))

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Guest Wills402

Good Luck Andrew, I have sent them 3 emails myself in the past 3 weeks and never got a reply.. and in my last email I asked them to please reply even if the answer was go to...well you know where. Luckily I was able to sort out my problem myself but it was certainly with zero help from vmax or simpilot.com Edit. I'll never buy another product from similot.com you can take that to the bank.

Guest tascaso

Hey I have the VMAX product and Ralph and company give great customer service. You need to get your dialup problems squared away and utilize a download manager. I once had a 56k modem and have downloaded files as big as 256 megs overnight...took over 9 hours. I got it done but I was using Mindspring/EarthLink as my ISP. Wonderful product worth the effort!Tony

Guest dre777

i ahve also had an incedibly hard time trying to redownload the 747 rfp. no answer to emails, difficulty in finding their site. no response from the avsim store either.andre

Guest Liam

Hijust my ten peneth!Good company!!! I am in a similar position with lack of communication with the afore mentioned software company. I unfortunately had a serious hardware failure three months ago loosing pretty much all of my payware add ons.I had contacted them all, and I now have my system back as it was with the exception of the VMAX RFP 742.They have now recieved 8 emails form myself all of which asking nicely for help with retrieving the product, which when I bought the money was taken quickly. It appears now they have the money they just do not care.I point blank refuse to purchase it again, just chalk it down to experience. RegardsLiam Fassam (a most disgruntled simmer)

Guest BobL

AndrewI had a similar issue on something else. I don't even recall what it was now but was getting absolutely no response.I eventually emailed Marty Arant direct off the 'contact us' link on the AVSIM front page. It's almost at the bottom of the page, on the right side immediately following all the credits.I had a response the next day.Good LuckBobL

Guest Wills402

That's exactly what happened to me Liam. I never even got to fly the plane. I hadn't finished reading the manual when I lost everything. same story.. every other payware/shareware outfit was more than happy to help and even responded to my eamils within a couple of hours. It's been 3 weeks and I haven't heard from them and at this point don't care. My credit card company refunded me the money. But I'll never purchase another item from simpilot.comWilliam

Guest BodoM

Hi,instead of start whining here you guys should have posted a message at Panelshop Discussion Forums. We will help as fast as we can. This is what Ralph Tofflemire psoted in the FAQ section regarding loss of files:Several times every week and quite often several times a day we hear about someone losing Ready for Pushback with their hard drive crashing. I know that the vast majority of you do backup software onto CD Roms for safe keeping and to prevent being in the awkward position of having to rely on someone else to be your backup service.1. Ralph's Panel Shop has no connection with sales in any way. We have no sales records and do not sell any products to anyone. We do not own the sales or distribution rights to Ready for Pushback or any other products.2. If the product was purchased from the AVSIM Store or Vmax Flight System's, you need to contact www.simpilot.comThey will require your name, product, approximate date of purchase and order number if possible. Vmax is a business office that keeps office hours 5 days a week. They are not like many of us who spend our days and nights monitoring e-mail so there will be a delay in them getting back to you. 3. I can be helpful in many cases if I have the same details that I mentioned above. If you have tried to contact Vmax Flight Systems and for some reason they have not replied (Monday through Friday - 9:00 am to 4:00 pm) I will get in touch with them and see what I can do on your behalf. Remember, when I contact Vmax Flight Systems on your behalf I will need your Name, Product (which download item), approximate date of purchase and order number if possible.I can be contacted directly at :rtofflemire@shaw.caIt would not surprise me if at some point that Vmax Flight Systems charges a small fee to replace lost files. It takes them longer to search sales records, reply to your e-mail and finally prepare and send you a new downloader/installer for the lost product than it would take you to make a backup of your purchase. ___________________________Bodo M

Guest BodoM

Okay, again for your information. I learned from Ralph that you was answered on April 9th by Marty Arant and twice after that by Raph. He replied again to you by mail yesterday and still no response. You see we do care for our customers so in this case it is not worth the trouble you make!___________________________Bodo M

Guest Andrew

Oh, Nothing in my mail box now, much confusion on my part.

Guest Wills402

Bodo, It was simpilot.com that I contacted by email and never got a reply. I read the FAQ on panelshop.com forum which you have quoted here and it said to not bother them about lost files....so I didn't. I did give Simpilot.com all my info. name, address, phone # email address purchase date and even the order number. still no response from them to date. No worries though, my credit card company credited my account and I'm a much wiser consumer. If Vmax systems-simpilot.com had a customer support forum which they don't I would have been complaining there. I have no beef at all with the folks at panelshop.com and I was never trying to get something for nothing. I have plenty of proof that I had purchased the product. Yeah, I would have copied it all over to CD but as I said before I never even got to finish reading the manual or fly the plane. In hind sight I should have made copies of my vital stuff right away but you always think... I'll do that tomorrow. Bad move. So two lessons learned for me here. 1. copy stuff to CD right away. 2. Never buy another product from Simpilot.com again. P.S. Even Ariane who people love to bash for poor customer service gave me the links to redownlaod my previous purchases the same day I requested them.William