Sign in to follow this  

flat digital panels and ati radeon 9800 inquire

hi everyone...I would really appreciate any comments regarding the use of digital flat panels instead of crt monitors with fs2002 and how ati radeon 9800 works with fs2002thanks you so much regardsrodrigo

Hi!I recently switched from CRT to a flat digital LCD-panel (21"). Shortly after that I also switched from my GeForce to ATI 9800 Pro.All I can say is, WOW! I was hesitant to move from CRT to LCD because LCDs are manufactured for a specific resoultion and doesn't look as good if you want to use a lower or higher resoultion than that.This one is made for 1600x1200 which is very nice, but my old GeForce3 wasn't really up to running games (and especially FS2002) in that resolution. When I changed to ATI9800pro the world changed dramatically.I now run FS2002 at 1600x1200, 32bit. All sliders on max, anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering on. Framerate set to max 30FPS.It does NOT go below 29 FPS in any default scenery with any default plane. When I run some of the really FPS hungry 3rd party scenery and planes I occasionally get down to 20 FPS.I had a really good CRT monitor before, but the image quality is much better on the LCD.My PC:P4 2.56 GHz1024 MB RDRAMATI Radeon 9800 Pro, 128MBHercules GameTheater XP 6.1 Sound Card21" LCD Flat panel.Hope this helps :-)Brgds, Frederick

thanks a lot i've been thinking to upgrade to a dell system with flat digital panel and the systems come with ati radeon so i really appreciate your help thanksregardsrodrigo

Using the Dell 20" flat panel with a ATI 9800 pro. Love it! No problems. Fitz

Please help!I have new dell computer with radeon 9800 card and lcd monitor. The trees flicker all the time. How do you fix this?thanks,Charles

Also,Does your lcd monitor have uneven brightness...some areas are lighter than others? You can see this if you pan the camera.thanks!charles

Are you using the digital inputs?-david-