Sign in to follow this  
Mike S KPDX

fun little 'airport'...

A freind of mine (who I used to work with) got back from Nepal last week and brought over his photos. He spent some time at this seasons Mt. Everest base camp (hundreds of people do this by the way). Anyways he had the chance to fly into a small field in the area. This grass strip brings in all medical supplies for the climbs (mandated by the local government). I think this is the last airport available on the climb route.Anywho, give it a go, it actually does look a bit like the FS2k2 rendition, one way in - one way out.Lukla VNLK 1,600' dirt 9,100' elevationBTW check out this link for it:http://www.dangerous-airports.com/airports/v/vnlk.htmlet me know what you think :-)

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Guest Moghdad

9100 feet? 1600' grass strip? Tell me that's not a Skyhawk!

I've flown in and out of this several times in FS. I always thought it was a fake.

naw, not a Cessna.In the photo it was some kind of fixed gear high wing light twin. Sort of like a twin otter, but I did not recongnize it. I may be some type of Chinese or Russian thing.

check this out also:http://www.worldzone.net/games/danzian/leg-3.htmand thisAVSIM File library(would provide a direct link but dont know how)File Description:Khumbu area in Nepal: the airstrips of Lukla and Syangboche with sloping runways, the Gokyo lakes, the Tengboche monastery, the Everest camps and all the villages of the area. (MR) Filename: khumbu14.zip License: Freeware Added: 28th August 2002 Downloads: 1672 Author: Christophe Schmitt Size: 462kb