Sign in to follow this  
jd

UT2 callsigns and RC

Chautagua

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Chautagua
Unfortunatly what it sounds like is that UT has specified in it's database that the American Connection's CHAUTAGUA planes should be called AMERICAN. Hence when RC sees that it is a "AMERICAN" callsign, RC plays the appropriate "AMERICAN" wav.The fix would be to edit the UT database somehow and remove the link between American Connection and American. Instead, link American Connection to Chautagua.Pete Dowson has given some details of the UT database in one of the earlier topics in this thread but since I don't have UT I wouldn't know how to help you edit it.Now the bad news...even if you did edit the UT database, the Chautagua callsign hasn't been recorded in RCv4, so RC would now voice out CHARLIE (C for Chautagua). That's not much of an improvment, so you're better off leaving it alone and hearing it as AMERICAN instead :)As jd said in topic#1, it would be nice if all developers were able to sync all callsigns together somehow.Subs

I checked the airline listings at flightaware.com and American Connection is not listed. Chautauqua Air is listed with the Chautauqua callsign see:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chautauqua_AirlinesChautauqua is listed as a carrier in RC4 c4.csv (my version) and there is a Chautauqua .wav file recorded:chautauqua,chautauqua,Chautaqua Airlines,0, 0Maybe this was added as an update.UT2 should be returning Chautauqua Air or Chautauqua Airlines for the carrier name for American Connection out of Chicago and the ATC identification as CHQ.Although there is a misspelling in the c4 data line above, it should not affect the ATC call search in RC.Here's a KFWA-KORD actual flight:CHQ5013Chautauqua Airlines "Chautauqua"Indianapolis, INAll American Airlines flights were scheduled as AAL. Nothing at KORD was listed for American Connection.Not having FSX and knowing how UT2 generates AI I'll place what I think it should be in terms of an aircraft.cfg line:atc_airline=chautauquaatc_parking_codes=CHQ (or AAL is hared gates)Perhaps on the Ultimate Traffic support forum they have an FAQ on the database.http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/default.aspThe aircraft used according to flight aware's schedule is an Embraer 135 as E135 aircraft code.

I checked the airline listings at flightaware.com and American Connection is not listed. Chautauqua Air is listed with the Chautauqua callsign see:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chautauqua_AirlinesChautauqua is listed as a carrier in RC4 c4.csv (my version) and there is a Chautauqua .wav file recorded:chautauqua,chautauqua,Chautaqua Airlines,0, 0Maybe this was added as an update.UT2 should be returning Chautauqua Air or Chautauqua Airlines for the carrier name for American Connection out of Chicago and the ATC identification as CHQ.Although there is a misspelling in the c4 data line above, it should not affect the ATC call search in RC.Here's a KFWA-KORD actual flight:CHQ5013Chautauqua Airlines "Chautauqua"Indianapolis, INAll American Airlines flights were scheduled as AAL. Nothing at KORD was listed for American Connection.Not having FSX and knowing how UT2 generates AI I'll place what I think it should be in terms of an aircraft.cfg line:atc_airline=chautauquaatc_parking_codes=CHQ (or AAL is hared gates)Perhaps on the Ultimate Traffic support forum they have an FAQ on the database.http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/default.aspThe aircraft used according to flight aware's schedule is an Embraer 135 as E135 aircraft code.
But as per PeteD's post above, the atc_airline= line is only filled in at some point during AI generation by UT. So Drumcode can't edit the aircraft.cfg like we'd normally do. So it would be UT's database that needs correcting(?)I didn't realise Chautauqua was actually recorded for v4. That's definetly a big plus :)Subs

Hi,I have problem with adding new callouts. I did as described above and got error meaasge that there is an issue with the file. Problem is that I have done this already some time ago, however got new PC and tried to do it again. Basically I copy/pasted at the end whatever should be changed. Still, problem remaing. Of course backup was done so I can fly, but would like the change. Any ideas please?

Tom Link

I was wondering if anyone could give me hand on the above issue. I have no clue what I am doing wrong. I remember that on my old machine I was able to change this, when I try second time - no luck. i slightly tired of American being called Alpha and United as Uniform :)

Tom Link

Which file? What's your new Windows version?Your c4.csv is still correct, right? If you did edit it, you used a test editor, right? Chautauqua is still listed?What are you trying to add?If you are accessing FS files including aircraft.cfgs and you are on VISTA or Win 7 you probably need to be an admin to change them. If it is your RC data files and they are under a Program File folder same thing.If the structure of the RC/data c4.csv file was changed, I hope you have a backup.If it was your .csv file that you appended, paste your last or changed rows in a reply here although that will not show the strict format structure. You could open a notepad window of c4.csv showing the entries in question, alt-prtscrn it, make a .jpg image out of the .bmp file now in your clipboard by pasting it into an image editor, and attach it as a .jpg in a reply here. that's the only attachment allowed.

Well basically I have added what was posted here as end lines. Then tried to run RC and goe error message. So i reverted to my backup copy :) and all works as it was, however United is uniform and American is Alpha... etc...

Tom Link

Hey Guys,I added the lines here to the file suggested. (I did save a backup). When I start RC4, I get the following error message:Run-Time error '62':RadarContact.rc4module.read_callsignsAny ideas?

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Guest nzch2010
Hey Guys,I added the lines here to the file suggested. (I did save a backup). When I start RC4, I get the following error message:Run-Time error '62':RadarContact.rc4module.read_callsignsAny ideas?
Brian,PM me your email addy and will email you an updated C4CheersJulian

Bruce,PM me your email addy and will email you an updated C4CheersJulian
Message sent. Thank you my brother.Brian A. Neuman

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Guest nzch2010
Message sent. Thank you my brother.Brian A. Neuman
No worries

Julian,The file worked perfectly! Thanks again.Julian,The file worked perfectly! Thanks again.

Brian A. Neuman

Guest nzch2010
Julian,The file worked perfectly! Thanks again.Julian,The file worked perfectly! Thanks again.
Glad all Ok Brian. Save it somewhere just in case.CheersJulian

Glad all Ok Brian. Save it somewhere just in case.CheersJulian
I did..the original and the one you sent. Awesome.

Brian A. Neuman