Sign in to follow this  
Guest sfgiants13

How to delete the default airlines?

Guest sfgiants13

How do you get rid of the default airlines? It ruins the realism when I see a populated airport, with liveries of real world airlines, having an "American Pacific" taxiing around! I tried replacing the default textures with real liveries once, and it worked great. Now, every time I do that, it just deletes all of my flights! Help!

Hmmm...not sure I'm following...I replaced my first three 737 planes in the cfg file (texture 0, 1 and 2) with 2 Qantas' and a Virgin Blue - changed the cfg file to match that, and now works a treat!My airports have a very Aussie feel to them! - Shame though, can't do international flights unless I can put up with a QantasLink Dash 8 at Singapore Airport :(

Guest gasebah

www.projectai.comAlex

Guest sfgiants13

I have project AI, but they don't replace the textures. I use the auto-installer, because I'm a newbie.

Guest WorkingStiff

ProjectAI has a program that will delete all the default airlines from the Traffic.bgl file then you can replace them with whatever liveries you download from their website.In all honesty though, I cannot understand why you're are having such difficulty in learning how to do this. I've seen many replies to your other threads and it seems that you're ignoring the advice other people have given you. You will not learn how to do this until you carefully follow the advice offered you and also download and read the document on the ProjectAI website which goes into great detail about how to manually install AI aircraft.

There are three ways of going about it.You can either replace the actual paintjobs in the default models as described above, orYou can change the aircraft.txt file in your ttools folder to point those aircraft numbers at different aircraft, orand I don't recommend this really, you can delete the flightplans that refer to default aircraft. This will leave your AI world considerably less populated though.

Guest sfgiants13

>ProjectAI has a program that will delete all the default>airlines from the Traffic.bgl file then you can replace them>with whatever liveries you download from their website.>>In all honesty though, I cannot understand why you're are>having such difficulty in learning how to do this. I've seen>many replies to your other threads and it seems that you're>ignoring the advice other people have given you. You will not>learn how to do this until you carefully follow the advice>offered you and also download and read the document on the>ProjectAI website which goes into great detail about how to>manually install AI aircraft.I've been using other people's advice. For some reason, I just cannot get it down. I'm not ignoring anybody. For one reason or another, it's unusually difficult.

1. Download replacement textures for the plane.2. Replace the original textures in a given TEXTURE folder (TEXTURE, TEXTURE.1, or TEXTURE.2) with your downloaded ones.3. Open the plane's aircraft.cfg file by double clicking it. Look for the line texture=, where the number following the = sign is the same as the "n" in the texture.n folder you put the new textures into in step #2. (If you replaced the textures in the folder called TEXTURE then it will be blank after the = sign).4. In this section you just found in step #3, change the atc_airline= line from the default airline (i.e. American Pacific) to the airline name of your textures (i.e. United). Remember that this airline name has to be "on the list" for FS to actually speak it.5. Save the file, and Exit.6. Restart FS, and check out your new AI planes.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Guest sfgiants13

I've done everything you guys said. I replace the default textures, and the plane is no longer seen at any airports! It says the airline is not found in AITM. When I shuffle it in AITM, it does nothing but delete the flight plans. What can I do so that when I replace the texture, it doesn't not show up?

Did you replace the aircraft name in the aircraft.txt file when you changed the texture? You'll need to if you changed the title of the aircraft when you substituted the texture.

Hi there,>I have project AI, but they don't replace the textures. I use the auto-installer, because I'm a newbie.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg

Guest sfgiants13

That's something I didn't do. I'll need to check the aircraft.txt and substitute and see what happens. As for starting with an empty flightplan database, I don't need to do that. When I replace the textures, they never show up anyway, so that solves that problem. I'm still going to try to get the default repaints flying, though.