Sign in to follow this  
Guest Richard_H

RC Simulations British Airports

The British Airports scenery packs are based on Gary Summons's UK2000 scenery.To find out more on that scenery goto http://www.uk2000scenery.bizland.com/puplic/index.htmOn that page you will see a british airports logo, click on it for info about the productsWhen you install the latest versions you can choose to have them compatible with the VFR scenery or not. Craig Kiltie

RichardI have them all. They are excellent and fit into the VFR scenery seamlessly. IMO they are, without doubt, the best available.If you have broadband then why not consider d/loading them direct from Gary Summons' website as noted in another thread here? If you do that then he gets more money to fund his work.Hope this helps.David

I only have two of the four 'airports' packages at present, but will definately get around to purchasing the other two soon. I don't have the seperate VFR scenery packages, nor do I plan to get them...the airports are enough for me.Definately worth purchasing in my opinion.Regards,Al Summers.

Guest Richard_H

Thanks all,I do have the VFR Scenery for the SE, and it is without doubt (IMHO) the best add-on I have. Getting airfields, like my home one of Headcorn, on top of that, will perfect it for me. Just trust it will all be compatible with FS2004.I don't have broad band, so I guess a direct download would be excessive.Richard

Guest Richard_H

Finally got hold of the South East edition and installed on my PC.Initial impressions are mixed.The airports themselves are excellent. Headcorn looks like... Headcorn, even down to the picket fence outside the air club, and the caravans in the field next door. Combined with the photreal scenery of the area, with the downs rising to the north, it all looks very accurate.Bad news is that there seems to be some sort of clash between the ground around the airfield and either the FS2K4 scenery or the photoreal scenery or both. This results in quite a bit of flickering which is off-putting. I've tried the suggested remedies in the manual. Anyone come across this and know of a solution?ThanksRichard

Its probably because the scenery hasnt been updated to be 100% compatible with FS2004 yet. Gary is just releasing updates now but for the scenery on his site so I guess that the fixes will be passed onto Just Flight who publishes British Airports so that they will be able to put an update for FS2004 up on the justflight website. You should try and find out more info on the Just Flight website in the forums there for any FS2004 info for the scenery you have.

I have no idea where you live Richard but if you are going to the Birmingham show Gary will be there selling his scenery and by the looks of his web page he hopes to have most, if not all, his scenery compatible with FS9.As someone else posted, if you buy direct from Gary he gets the cash and doesn't 'lose' the margin given to RC Simulators, or any other commercial reseller.

Guest Richard_H

Don't tend to go North of Watford :) But thanks for the info

For myself I have everything that Gary had done in the UK2000 series, all 5 UK-VFR sceneries, and will be getting Gary's new Part 6 just as soon as it is available !For the UK simmer these packages have transformed the UK into one of the best areas to fly. I can heartily recommend that everyone gets any and all the airports that Gary makes.Alastair

Guest goon

I have to agree. The combination of Gary Summons incredible airfields, and the Visual Flight VFR textures makes the UK THE place to be in FS2004.Part six of the scenery is about to land this saturday (the weekend of my birthday, with my girlfriend working nights - the entire weekend simming!) and the updates for FS2004 compatibility have just been released.

whenever i see that 'puplic' in gary's URL it makes me giggle. why is it in there? did he mean public?