Sign in to follow this  
someone

The big cleanout! Gauge collector utility?

Hi everybody,I'd like to pick everyones brains about gauge utilities. I've been having terrible problems with my whole system. It has taken to crashing with alarming regularity, and all to often it happens when I'm just about to land after a long flight! Most annoying. Its not just when I'm happily jaunting about the skies of FS2002, it can happen with other games, but very rarely. I'd say about 95% of the times it crashes I'm playing FS. Always the same message, the old, 'Microsoft Flight Simulator etc...has encountered a problem and must close etc...' and always something to do with a .dll problem...so it says anyway. The problem is that I have reinstalled the game several times, and nothing seems to help. So I can only assume that the problem lies in either my computer as a whole (very likely due to sometimes crashing when I'm not 'simming'), or that the problem is in something I have installed within FS. I have only got about five or six hundred meg left on my 40 gig HD, so have decided to wipe everything, and reinstall Windows XP, followed by FS etc (FAR to much c**p wasting space on my HD, so this is a long overdue process!).Whilst I'm doing this, I plan to get very ruthless and do away with a lot of my older freeware aircraft, a lot of which I simply never fly. But, inevitably there will be a few that I keep. BUT, here lies the problem. I had an old HD which I simply used to store downloads on, but several months ago it gave up the ghost, and so I lost all the FS downloads that I had. So, theres bound to be a few aircraft that I want to keep, so is there a decent utility for collecting gauges that are NOT used? I'd like to clean out my gauges folder once I've deleted all the a/c I don't fly, so that I can burn whats left to a CD for re-installing once I've re-installed FS.Any help would be most appreciated.Kind regards,Al Summers.

fsGauges.com has the utility you're looking for. There a couple of bugs in it:1. It moves minicontrols.gau and minipanel.cab to the unused folder - you'll have to move them back manually.2. It doesn't recognize xml gauges so it won't remove them and the "probe for missing gauges report" will show they are all missing.I also have a utility called Aircraft and Gauges Uninstaller v 5.0 by Manuel Ambulo which removes (moves) entire aircraft/gauge combinations but I don't remember where I got that one.