Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Nicholson KMFR

Adding 10 meter elevation data to fs2002...

I'm a newbie to scenery design, so bear with me.I found the 10 meter USGS dem file that I wanted. I translated this dem file into a binary file that fs2002 can use with a util. called read_dem.exe. I then created an inf file per the instructions in the scenery SDK, and used the resample.exe util. to create a bgl file. I viewed this bgl file on the bgl viewer that comes with the sdk. It looked great--rich with detail. However, when I place this bgl file in the scenery sub-directory of the addon scenery folder per the instructions in the sdk, I can see no change in the resolution of the landscape I'm trying to modify when I fly around it. In this case the landscape is Yosemite Valley, and a major feature in the valley is a monument of granite called "Half Dome". When I fly by half dome, it is the same featureless lump it was before I added the higher resolution elevation bgl file.I did this thing absolutely by the book, but I just can't seem to get the higher resolution to take. Any helpful comments are welcome. Also, if there are any utilities out there I can download to help automate the proccess, I'd love to hear about them.