Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Ultimate Traffic Help Please?

Hi all. I have installed Ultimate Traffic on my hard drivebut have not used it yet. Before I use it I have a few questions. They are:1)Does it make a backup of the traffic.bgl in case I want to revert to my old traffic setup? The readme did not state this that I could find.2)I have lots of AFCAD files already installed for military and civilian airports. Should I not install the Ultimate Traffic AFCAD

Flight1 has a support forum at http://www.simforums.com/forums/ and will, I'm sure, be happy to answer any questions you've got.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest AV8RFOOL

Hello Bob,1) Backups are made of the scenery bgls as well as the traffic. 2) At the time of installation you have the option to install all the AFCADS with UT or just the ones you want to select. Select all of them, then go back and unselect the ones you want to keep of your original AFCADs.3) If you have a copy of the flight plans.txt from your old you can easily add them (Check the manual on how to do this.)4) You will probably gain more traffic. Save the AFCAD so the planes still approach the gates correctly, but you should see more traffic as it is based on real-world stuff.5) Installer won't put it in a folder. It is a series of .dlls for true speech for the PalmSpotter application that comes with Ultimate Traffic.Learning curve isn't too bad, read over the manuals and tutorials and you'll be flying in no time.Jeff "AV8RFOOL" SmithFlight One Software -x--(")--x-

Hi Bill. Thanks. I'll go there. I tried the support at their site and it did not list UT. Thanks and best regards, Bob.

Hi Jeff. Thanks Buddy. I was just being cautious. I read the manual and tried to get support at your site but there was no option for UT. The install program said it installed TTS_Technology in Program Files but it did not put any folder there. You can see my confusion. Will go to the site with the forums that is listed above in a previuos answer by another helpful person. Thanks and best regards, Bob.

What happens if I have AFCAD's that I installed and I just install aa from UT anyway?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest AV8RFOOL

Ron,AFCADs won't be affected with the AA install...Jeff "AV8RFOOL" SmithFlight One Software

I'm getting ready to order this.I ama novice at this.Will it effect any add on airport scenery?Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

Guest AV8RFOOL

Hello,It will effect add-on scenery that has AFCADs unless you deselect the AFCADs that you don't want Ultimate Traffic to install it's own AFCAD files for. Very easy process during install.

TTS-Technology is a wrapper tool that UT uses for installs, etc. It doesn't have its own file folder. It runs in the background of UT.Be sure that after installing UT, you get the SP1 (Service Pack 1) at Flight 1 website. This corrects some problems in the initial download that were traced to the autodownloader. After making all of the adjustments (afcads, airlines, etc), be sure to compile. If you don't compile, nothing will show in FS. Any changes, downloads, etc must be compiled thereafter.Hope this helps. :-wave Ron from behind the Cheddar Curtain. :-wave

I've read all the promotional literature I could find, and all the postings at the support website, and still have a couple of unanswered questions. Is there any way to get a list of the airports and aircraft that UT supports? I'm trying to divine the meaning of the teaser in the promotional literature about traffic in remote areas of Alaska. Are these just Alaska Airline flights, or the smaller commuter services as well? Knowing which airports and what aircraft are supported by UT would go a long way toward answering the questions I have.-Basil

Guest AV8RFOOL

Basil,Any place that has scheduled airlines has had their AFCAD updated if needed or modified to accomodate the traffic. Alaska Airlines, plus several smaller commuter services are operating in Alaska. As long as they report to our data provider, it is available for use in UT. 40-Mile Air is one of the ones in Alaska I can remember off the top of my head.Jeff "AV8RFOOL" SmithFlight One Software

Is there a list of the aircraft used by UT available?-Basil

Guest jase439

B727-200B73G (B737-200)B73S (B737-700)Fokker F-100BAe 146A310A319A320A321A330A340B707B737-300B737-400B737-500B737-600B737-800B737-900B747-300B747-400B757-200B767-200B767-300B767-400B777-200B777-300AB3 (A300)ATR42ATR72BAe ATPBeech 1900DCRJDC-10Dash 8-100Dash 8-300Dash 8-400Fokker F-50Fokker F-70MD-11MD-8xSaab 340