Sign in to follow this  
bobbyjoh

AFCAD restore

Guest A321

Hi guysIn my haste to get Ultimate Traffic working I think i messed up some of my payware scenery AFCAD files, Is there a way to restore AFCAD files or do i have to re-install my scenery.:( Jason

Guest seev_39

Hi JasonQuoting from AFCAD manual:-----------------------------------------------------------------6. Backing up and Restoring FilesBGL file backups:AFCAD modifies the

Jason,My approach to this problem is the following:Since UT is basically replacing the AFCAD files on more than 3000 airports I consider it almost like a "programm update" I too have many commercial and freeware sceneries installed which came with their own AFCAD files.1. Uninstall all airport sceneries2. Install UT3. Reinstall all airport sceneriesThat way I am sure that everything is working. I don't want to start messing around with .bgl files because one glitch there might render the simulation as such unusable.It would have been a very useful feature in UT to compare during install the bgl files on your system with the original 2K2 files and let the user decide if it wants to replace the AFCAD files with the ones provided by UT to avoid this problem. Since I am still downloading I can of course not comment if the installation routine does that or not, but my guess is it does not, so the above mentioned way seems to be the safest.I would also suggest to head over to the forums at Flight1 and have a look at the UT forum there to see if there are other users with similar problems and how they have dealt with them. I think there's a good chance you will also get some tips from Flight1 staff directly, judging from their customer service record.Hope that helps Happy flyingRalph HummelStaff ReviewerAVSIM Online

Guest A321

Thanks for the help,Im at work right now, but when i get home I think ill do what you have suggested. Luckily i think i only installed Europe, so i have ruined the rest of my FSim world :).Oh well another 2-3hour un-install re-install fest for me.

I am working on this same problem right now also. I don't think you need to un-install scenery. UT has its own AFCAD files. I am going to make a folder with my 3rd party acenery AFCAD files and replace the ones inside of UT with them. I think this should work fine. I too would not touch the .bgl files either, it is far too easy to screw those up.More on this later.Bob JohnsonKDEN