Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Importing from FS 2000?

Hello all,I was curious if there was a way to import aircraft/scenery/etc from FS 2000 to FS 2002? I seem to recall reading that there was a tool to do this but don't remember the specifics. Any help would be appreciated (I'd like to fly the Concorde!)Thanks,Scott

Guest RonB49

I don't think that any exotic "importing" is required (at least for aircraft), just copy the stuff across. I have the FS2000 Concorde running under FS2002. Copy the plane's folder and all of its subfolders into your Aircraft folder and the Concorde gauges into you Gauges folder. The gauges are all contained in one file named condorde.gau. As far as I remember, that's all there is to it.I'm not sure about scenery but I seem to recall that it is similarly compatible. R-

There is one issue you'll run into importing aircraft...Since FS2002 allows you to "organize" your aircraft, and FS2000 doesn't, any aircraft you pull over will show up a "unspecified". You'll have to go in after the fact, and assign them specs (i.e. ac type, livery) if you want them organized the way you see newer FS2002 aircraft organized.Be careful not to overwrite FS2002 gauges with FS2000 versions (when copying gauges for the Concorde).... Also, there is a site in France which offers an outstanding freeware gmax Concorde. Perhaps someone will see this and post a link. I haven't tried it due to bandwidth issues, but perhaps someone can share more...-John