Sign in to follow this  
Azapata87

Can FS2004 Beta testers verify?

Guest Maul

Hello all,Everytime I see a post about FS2004, no one ever gives any insight about the traffic sequencing. I just purchased Ultimate Traffic and am seeing unbelievable amounts at Chicago O'Hare. I know there are overlays and all, but here's the simple question, "Does FS2004 have a better sequencing program than FS2002?" I'm tired of seeing aircraft on top of each other on final. Will they adjust speeds so this will work well and planes land on parallels? How is enroute and ground control? Can any beta testers confirm this kind of advanced sequencing at major airports like KORD, KLAX or KATL?Thanks in advance.EricArea51Intel

I don't have an answer to your question. I just wanted to vent about UT because I have the exact opposite problem that you're experiencing. I have VERY little traffic. Sure the airports are filled with pretty planes and once in a while one of two take off and land, but nowhere in volume that they do in real life. I live in Los Angeles. I spent 10 minutes "watching" planes in UT come and go. I was very disappointed. I wish I would have the traffic volume that you have (maybe in your case its too much). But it seems that in Chigago, LA and other major hubs traffic should be hopping. Unfortunately that's not what I'm experiencing.Gianluca

The testers can't confirm anything.... They're bound by a contract to not discuss their testing, until told otherwise. Since I've only seen press release screenshots, I can only guess they're still under contract. Of the press releases and reviews on various sites, I've only looked at those long enough to go gaga over the eye candy.... Haven't paid attention to what comments, if any, were being made about AI...How is Ultimate Traffic, BTW? How does it effect your framerates.... Sounds like you have some heavy horsepower at your disposal..!-John

Tom mentioned something on his support forum about unchecking the box that controls stacking for landing or something like that. (Sorry, I'm at work.) Recompile after that, but supposedly, it will increase the amount of departing and landing traffic.Tony

people with the press beta can talk though, and i'm very surprised that they haven't talked about the traffic either...

hi,yea Ive also been itching to hear more about the traffic sequencing system.Andrew