Sign in to follow this  
toelg

Run-time error 713

Hi,I have just installed RC 4.3 at Windows 7 (64bit). As I try to load a flightplan from FSX there ouccurs the error :Run-time error 713 :Class not registered. You need the following file to be installed on Your machine.MSSTDFMT.DLLHow can I manage that problem ?Thanks, Dietmar

Hi,I have just installed RC 4.3 at Windows 7 (64bit). As I try to load a flightplan from FSX there ouccurs the error :Run-time error 713 :Class not registered. You need the following file to be installed on Your machine.MSSTDFMT.DLLHow can I manage that problem ?Thanks, Dietmar
in the hopes the next time a person with 64 bit, 713 error, will read thisClick start, type cmd in the search box, then press ctrl-shift-enterAt the prompt type the following:Cd %systemroot%\syswow64 (press the enter key)The prompt will change to this:C:\WINDOWS\syswow64>Type the following:regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll (enter missing system file name here
  • Like 1

in the hopes the next time a person with 64 bit, 713 error, will read thisClick start, type cmd in the search box, then press ctrl-shift-enterAt the prompt type the following:Cd %systemroot%\syswow64 (press the enter key)The prompt will change to this:C:\WINDOWS\syswow64>Type the following:regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll (enter missing system file name here

You must run this as an administrator to register the file. Be sure you are logged in as one.

You must run this as an administrator to register the file. Be sure you are logged in as one.
yes, you have to open the dos window as admin.that is what happens when you type cmd, and press ctrl-shift-enter. a little trick learned from vista, and carried over to windows 7you can also click start, accessories, right mouse click on the dos prompt icon, then click run as administratoralso, msstdfmt.dll needs to be in the \syswow64 directoryfinally, if all else fails, open dos window as adminnavigate to \syswow64 directorytype regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll /uthen typeregsvr32 msstdfmt.dlljd

yes, you have to open the dos window as admin.that is what happens when you type cmd, and press ctrl-shift-enter. a little trick learned from vista, and carried over to windows 7you can also click start, accessories, right mouse click on the dos prompt icon, then click run as administratoralso, msstdfmt.dll needs to be in the \syswow64 directoryfinally, if all else fails, open dos window as adminnavigate to \syswow64 directorytype regsvr32 msstdfmt.dll /uthen typeregsvr32 msstdfmt.dlljd
Hi again,thanks for Your kind help ! The MSSTDFMT.DLL was missing at my syswow64 folder. I've downloded it and registered by Your described way. Now it seems to work well. :( Thanks again for Your great support ! :( Best Regards Dietmar

I've tried these steps but I haven't got a msstdfmt.dll in my system at all. Where to get one that are working properly?Thanks :( Kristian

Darn I hate that!Please tell me cos I cant solve itHave downloaded file, run dos as admin run the regsvr32 command with no errors and still get 713 errors (and I have set the other path and I am running as admin)IanOK I fixed it as wellIanJust kidding,running with /u first then running without /u solved the problemIan

i have radar contact v4    installed all ok used it 2 times great    but then  error64     i have tried every thing as sent to this forum  even in comand promt admin  it said sucess after following instructions  i thought great  but tried load flt plan  error 64 again   i even installed  msstdfmt.dll well tried to it told me this already installed  ?    have e mailed  radar contact v4  peaple  of course no reply  can any one help please ,, and yes i have uninstalled installed 2times same error 64 

64 The specified network name is no longer available.

is the meaning of this code. Either your network setup paths have changed, permissions, etc. Are you sure it is error code 64 and not 63?

Is RC running on a widefs client to an FS host PC?

At what point are you getting this error. Is it during a scenery rebuild?

Check your path names.

Be sure if you are indeed on a network you have the latest:

makerwys - http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

fsuipc4, wideclient, widefs - http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

Check this pinned topic:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/272752-fsuipc-widefs-showtext-settings-for-rc-43/

Be sure FS is running with a loaded parked flight.

If still a problem give your setup details.

Make sure your host allows your full network access of your client user going in with admin permissions.

Since RC originally worked, something must have changed. Shared folder labels, wi-fi permissions, host labels, etc.

Where is a safe place to get MSSTDFMT.DLL ?

There are too many suspicious websites that claim they have it.

spacer.png