Sign in to follow this  
Guest panzerschiffe

Valmet L-70 Vinka

I just gave it a test spin - what a fantastic aircraft! The visuals, flight model, VC, everything about it is perfect. This is definitely a payware quality aircraft.Thanks Mikko and crew, this is a real gift! :)

Guest SoarPics

I heartily agree, Ken. This is a benchmark addition to the FS community. I have about 45 minutes in the aircraft, and it is outstanding. Seems to fly to the Readme's numbers (never flown one in RL), very stable and honest, and spins nicely. I simply can't find anything wrong with it. Reminds me alot of the SF 260, with 2/3 the ponies. Great visual models, top flight panel (both 2D and VC), and a first class flight model. It is a stunning piece of work... and freeware!!! It rivals many payware aircraft available today.I also like the way the developers put together their copyright notice. It specifically excludes uploading the file (or any part of) to FSPlanet. And to assure Ferdy that they are serious, they have included a warning about their association with the Rehabilitation Center of Kankaanpaa. Nice touch... maybe we'll see more of these associations in the future in an effort to thwart the pirates in our hobby.To Mikko, Kari, Jukka, Aaron, and all the others involved in the project... a huge BRAVO for your efforts. To say "Thank You" seems sorely inadequate.:-beerchug :-beerchug :-beerchug

he,he, .............. I posted, refreshed..............and you beat me to it! :) Very nice airplane !!!!L.Adamson

Guest SoarPics

N/P, Larry. Can't have enough posts about the Vinka.Pardon me... I'm off to fly it some more. :-)

Guest SlimDady

i just did a few circuits in it.. its a good piece of freeware

Guest panzerschiffe

GREAT piece of freeware

Thanks for your comments!Because of Finnish Air Force support for us was perfect, we have to do our best and little more. We got all technical information and photos we need and real Vinka pilot and mechanician works closely with us.Result is accurate and pretty good plane for FS, so accurate that FAF use it now in avionics lessons for conscript mechanicians.And special thanks for all designers who has shared their information about xml-gauges and airfiles, they make this possible to us to carry out.

I too have downloaded and been flying this aircraft the past two days. You guys did a fantastic job! I would have paid for this. I'm now trying to learn about how to use Traffic Tools so I can download your Finnish Air Force AI package and get me some atmosphere to fly around it. :-hah Cheers.

I placed it in FS2004 yesterday, and it works great. There is an xmlguage fault when you first bring it up, but looks great, flies great, and the VC is very impressive!

Guest Marvel

I really enjoy flying it. It is a truly payware quality software that comes for free. Thanks Mikko.

Guest SoarPics

I need a bit of assistance here...I've set up a cold and dark flight, but I can't get the Avionics to work. I've found the avionics switch on the NAV1 radio, and of course the Batt on the throttle quadrant. I've RTFM carefully (well presented just like the rest of the package). Placed all the proper modules where they belong, etc. My solution is to call up a different airplane, go through the start-up routine (including turning on the avionics), and then switch back to the L-70.Thanks for your help,

Guest Ben

I second that I really loved the vc and flight mode.job well done.

Guest SoarPics

"Is the engine turning over, or are you getting nothing at all when you turn the key?"Doesn't matter, Ken. I can run through the start-up sequence just fine. Whether the engine's running, or simply running the radios off the battery, I have no COMM's. ATC window comes up, I pick a selection, but no transmission. Just tried to create a flight, and the same thing. As long as I try to start from dark and cold, I can get no COMM's. I can start with another airplane, power up the radios, then switch back to the L70... everything works fine then.