Sign in to follow this  
Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

Langing Lights/Taxi WAY out front & weak

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

I just jumped into my MD-11 and flew this evening and I noticed the Taxi/landing lights were weak and also about 200 feet way in front of the aircraft. ANy Ideas? The only thing new about my FSX install is REX 2.0Gary Trammell

I just jumped into my MD-11 and flew this evening and I noticed the Taxi/landing lights were weak and also about 200 feet way in front of the aircraft. ANy Ideas? The only thing new about my FSX install is REX 2.0Gary Trammell
In your rex theme, go to landing lights and use the xeon intense.

Guest 413X3

same thing happened to me with x-graphics. you need to restore your original spotlight files

same thing happened to me with x-graphics. you need to restore your original spotlight files
As stated, your spotlight.bmp under TEXTURE folder has been changed by one of your add-ons. You have to replace the file in use by the original one (the original spotlight.bmp has 43 Kb)RegardsSchmid

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70
As stated, your spotlight.bmp under TEXTURE folder has been changed by one of your add-ons. You have to replace the file in use by the original one (the original spotlight.bmp has 43 Kb)RegardsSchmid
Ok I have the correct spotlight.bmp BUT the beam is still about 40 yards WAY out front. Like they are in the wrong place.
See my post in the REX topic: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?s=&...t&p=1615983 Good luck!
I did this same problem. MD-11 and Also with the FealAir Duke. (typo but i like it.)

Ok I have the correct spotlight.bmp BUT the beam is still about 40 yards WAY out front. Like they are in the wrong place.I did this same problem. MD-11 and Also with the FealAir Duke. (typo but i like it.)
You can control the landing light placement with key strokes in MSFS, but I've never had to use them. This might be part of it, but it should reset after each flight. Some .cfg got hosed I think in your case.As for weak lights, I'd prefer some landing lights were weaker. The MD-11 is so bright I can't see the lines on the runway with all lights on. Not realistic.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

had the same problem with my md 11 with rex2 all i did to resolve the problem was mentioned above go to rex config page and changed the rwy lights to exeon intense but make sure when u do this click the install other wise it want take efferct in rex2 since i was wondering the first time i selected forgot to intall the new themne

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Got the same problem with weak lights, but only with the MD-11.Edit: The xeon intense thing worked, and now it's too bright. Ah well, can't have everything I guess ;)

hi guys, i know it's an old topic but i recently installed the md-11 and now also have the excact same problem. i can see the landinglights but they are way in front of the aircraft. I have rex texture direct installed but as far as i know that doenst change the landinglight files, does it?

hi guys, i know it's an old topic but i recently installed the md-11 and now also have the excact same problem. i can see the landinglights but they are way in front of the aircraft. I have rex texture direct installed but as far as i know that doenst change the landinglight files, does it?

When a post is over six years old, it's usually best to just start a new one and link back to the old one as necessary...

However, after a quick Google search, I found this:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/430386-rex-4-broke-pmdg-lights/

It's REX4, but it definitely discusses a similar issue.

Kyle Rodgers