Sign in to follow this  

CHProducts USB YOKE + PEDALS

Hello All,I have been using the CH Products for years and recently the Flight Sim Yoke + Pedals both with USB connectors. I did have some problems with those : brake problem with the pedals and propeller pitch control with the yoke, until I went to CH Products site :http:www.chproducts.com/cgi-bin/fom?file=408 where I found the complete instructions of how to install the hardware : the clue to it is to install them ONE AT A TIME. I therefore uninstalled the hardware and reinstalled it according to instructions. I must say both work now perfectly except for the sound on the propeller pitch control (but that is a MS bug) : when you increase pitch the RPM goes down, which is normal, but the engine sound goes up, which is WRONG.Another thing which I discovered and that some of you may have overlooked just like I did , is that when calibrating both the Yoke and the Pedals you have access in the calibration window to an applet called Axis Settings which allows you, among other things, to put "exponential" movement in the roll, pitch and yaw axes. In other word you transform the linear movement of the control surfaces of the airplane into progressive movement: reduced effect around neutral and full effect at maximum input. To obtain that, all you have to do is click on the right bottom arrow of each control panel in the axis settings window. You can visualize the line changing into a curve. You must click the bottom arrow, if you click the top arrow you get opposite effect, a lot of sensitivity around neutral which you don

Guest Magic1

Hello,Thanks for the info, i have had the same problem with my usb yoke and pedals, cant wait to fix. Thanks

Guest waltch

HiThe above link does not seem to work for me....Just to make sure: You talk about the calibration and the 'calibration window'..... is it correct that you are talking about the calibration in the CH Control Manager Version 2.1?RegardsWalter

Hi Walter,I will check the link again but it worked this morning. Be sure to do it by "copy/paste".Yes it is version 2.1. To get to the window in question in FS tool bar you go : options > controls > calibrate joystick > flight sim yoke (or CH pro pedals > properties. At this stage you get a test/calibrate and an axis settings windows. The calibration of the exponential control is made in the axis setting window.Let me know if you have a problem.CheersJFC

Hello Walter it's me again,In fact I tried to use the link direct and could not get the page. Funny enough, if I use the method copy and paste (copy the link and paste it in the address box of Internet Explorer) I do get connected . God knows why !If you have problems can mail you a copy of it.RegardsJFC

Guest Magic1

Hello,I download the files from Ch products and the yoke and pedals work great. Thanks again.

Guest jaapverduijn

Greetings JFC!It's no cosmic mystery that's going on with the link: you just forgot the double slashes! Without them, the browser thinks it's a local link and goes looking for its contents on the Avsim site. In vain, of course...Things like this (forgetting or mistyping minor things) happen to me all the time when working on my websites, and many is the hour I spent in despeation, looking for what the &*@!*! I had done wrong... (wide grin)!Jaap Verduijn.

Thanks JFC,What a difference this makes. Why don't you add this to the tips forum?Great job.Ed

Hello Jaap,I think Windows XP should be intelligent enough to add the double slash if the very smart but busy user forgets it.... don't you think ?Thank you for the tip Jaap, will be more rigorous next timeJean Francois Casson

Guest jaapverduijn

Welcome!Jaap Verduijn.

Guest waltch

Hey jfcThanks again for the tip. I tried it now also and it works fine. It really makes a big difference.One more question: you mentioned that you set the dead zone to zero, how are your setting for the sensitivity? Do you leave them at 100?Best regardsWalter

Hi Walter,The sensitivity is up you but I think you can use 100%, although the best reply would be the cut and try method.On the other hand you can set what FS calls the "null zone" to zero for all three axis, because with the new setup the response curve around zero is so flat that it is equivalent to a null zone.Happy flyingJFC

>I think Windows XP should be intelligent enough to add the>double slash if the very smart but busy user forgets it....>don't you think?You can't blame XP for not knowing you wanted it to be a link! hahahaha... I have a new set of USB Yoke/Pedals from CH and I'm working on getting comfortable with them now.

Guest Twister

Hi,Just to be sure...is the calibration performed with the CH manager or with the Win XP calibration routine ?Thanks for your help

Guest Louis

Ummm i take it this only works with the usb? cause i sure can't see any thing with the game port when i go to calibrate. I sure wish i could get this ch stuff not to be so sensitive cause i'm seriously thinking about switching over to Prisicon flight controls for a yoke. Louis