Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gordius

ATC and hold position commands

Does anyone know why ATC will sometimes ask AI traffic to hold position caution the 737 (referring to you), when you are half way across the airport already parked at your gate?There's some glitch in some of the AFCADS or aiports, and I can't figure out how to fix it.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Guest Gordius

I can't remember exactly what the menu entry is but have you tried using AFCAD's fault checker to run through your template? If you don't have it then you will need to upgrade to the latest version of AFCAD. I would be interested in having a look at the layout if you can post an example airport? I think that being half way across the airport could just be that there is a sinngle taxiway running the distance between you and the other plane which happens to stretch that far.GordiusAnother thought, if you have just parked at the gate after landing maybe you have not quite parked at the right spot which could mean that your tail may be hanging over the taxiway? If you have just started up at the Airport have you started with, say a 747 at a small or meduim gate in which case chances of tail over runway would be much higher?

Thanks for the tip on fault checker. I do have the latest version. It randomely happens at some airports. I think there is either some kind of radius setting or perhaps, as you point out, a single taxi line in effect that is reading clear across the airport.Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I had this problem with an AFCAD that I had done prior to naming the taxiways, so it could be related to that. But there, ATC told all AI aircraft to hold whenever my plane was in motion. I know that once I had designated the taxiways alpha, bravo, etc., I don't recall seeing it happen anymore...sg

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

I've had ATC ground when taxi instructions are to cross a runway they order "hold short, caution the cessna on the runway". I hold and the cessna takes off and is long gone and I am sitting there. Got tired so I just started my taxi again. Eventually ATC came back and said "continue to taxi". Also had a case where I was in a long line of departures on a taxiway parallel to runway. Then an AI landed and exited the runway but went too far before ATC told it to hold and its nose was into the parallel taxiway, which stopped all the other AI traffic from moving. Had to taxi across the grass to get out of there.scott s..

Guest Gordius

I think maybe that the continue taxi from Ground only comes through when the departing aircraft has switched frequencues away from the tower? I stand ready to be corrected.I would concurr (scuse spelling?) on the naming of taxiways. By the way I have found that quite a few of the default overlays have errors on them such as isolated nodes and even an isolated taxiway!Gordius