Sign in to follow this  
spotlope

FS Traffic 2002 and Ultimate Traffic

I am considering purchasing one of the traffic addons. Can anyone give me any comparison of FS Traffic 2002 and Ultimate Traffic. Do either cause problems with FS2002 and what's the effect on frame rates.Thanks

Guest A321

I dont know much about FS Traffic 2002, But I got Ultimate Traffic and its simply superb, you will be blown away by the functions it has, and as for frame rates, it seems not that bad on them. I think it has more traffic, and you can reaaly customise your AI traffic untill the cows come home.A word of warning though, If you do get Ultimate Traffic read the manul first, and rember when installing AFCADS, dont install AFCADS for 3rd party Scenery, otherwise you mess up your AI traffic as i did :(. Oh yeah, you may never fly again as youll be plane spotting all day :).All the best Jason

Guest Gordius

Re FSTraffic. I have been trying to use it for a few weeks. Not bad but seems to come with far less AI routes than Ultimate from what I hear. Most routes are around the usual US and Europe as far as I can see and vfr is not global. Good use made of the multiple airport overlays which seems to keep the traffic flowing rather well. It is meant to be possible to import standard TTools format files into it but I haven't tried that yet. I have spend Hoooooooooooooours trying to add more AI myself and have been extremely frustrated due to the fact that it seems that a great many (it feels like most) of MSFS airports have not been included in the FSTraffic database of airports meaning each needs to be added by importing AFCAD templates.Overall I have found the FSTraffic interface restrictive although it seems easy to add more AI once you have added airports to its database. Having spent many hours working on it so far I can only say that for

Ultimate Traffic is the best out there, period...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Gordius

Still persevering with FSTraffic but I doubt it will stay for long, maybe back to my original customised AI.Something else which has been frustrating me is that I have been flying my Flightcraft A340 a lot lately while developing a new panel, on every occasion I have landed at an airport which has been customised by multiple overlays for FSTraffic I have never been able to find an available heave gate or parking. AFCAD shows overlays and Gate Raduises are OK but even with no AI still no parking, below Heavy seems all it can cope with. Also when using GPS it has yet to allow me to assign the starting point to a gate only the Active Runway.Sorry to go on but as you see I am just a little frustrated.Gordius:-grr

Ultimate Traffic is the champ, no doubt. You'll be blown away.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit