Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milio_B

HELP! Gorgeous 737 NG panel keeps freezing, arghhhhh!!!!!

Last nite, I installed the amazing NG panel Version 1.0 for the 737 NG by Alexandre Oliveira and Marcelo Vianna. It always loads fine in FS2002 but after a few mouse clicks here and there around the panel, it just freezes and usually hangs, requiring a physical shut down of PC power because ctrl+alt+del does NOT work. Once it allowed me to exit FS2002 and re-boot the sim, but that was it.I have 170 add-on a/c and 40 add-on panels and all work flawlessly. I run a DELL 8200 2.53Ghz with 1024 RDRAM and usual standard factory stuff.Anybody know why this hanging and freezing is happening?Appreciate help, thanks!JS

JS - Many folks are having problems with this panel. Run a search on the forum here and at flightsim.com and you should find more info. (I finally gave up and deleted it.)Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Thanks to you and QNH. It must be a gauge issue. I am carefully clicking on every single possible mouse click area now to see if I can isolate where the trouble is. The EICAS panels seem fine as do EFIS panel. I think it is the MCP (autopilot) panel; the reason for suspicion with the MCP is because when I load the panel, the Master Warning light is always illuminated and there seems to be no way to turn it off--it should be a clickable area to me, but no hand-click icon comes up on the mouse.I shall search the forum here too.I have e-mailed the author for assistance too. We shall see....JS

Get rid of it. I installed it and it locked up as you say right off the bat.I really get ticked off at people like that, that don't test it thoroughly before they upload it. Even if he fixed it I wouldn't down load it. Will just wait for another one from a little better known panel man than him such as Chris Alevritis, etc.I have a Dell also. 4550.

Cobra:OK, mate, you are prolly right like the others. I've disabled it using JAB2000 for now. JSP.S. I had also tried the brand new NG panel by Javier Flores which looked sensational but in that case, no gauges appeared although the bitmaps did ! Wild stuff (and quite irritating). JS

I have been highly suspicious of stuff lately that comes out of S.America, Spain and France.....They just have a different mindset.The only 800 panel is Andy Karlstetter, and it's okay. I am sure there will be many more as soon as 2004 comes out, and especially when the programmers start coming out with more NG Boeings....Have Fun.

I had same problem. I would lock up about halfway to runway.Tried different things.Switched to the 737 with this panel in midflight and it worked fine.Glad to know it is just not me.

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

The problem lies within an incompatable gauge in the panel config. Remove the "GEARTALK3" gauge from your config and all should be fine. I have the panel as well, and although it never froze up for me, I know from past experience that that gauge is incompatable with FS2K2.I'm in the practice of examining panel config's before I even load FS to look for bad gauges. So when I saw this, I removed it right away. There's actually 2 "geartalk3" gauges in there so make sure you remove them both. Also edit the whole thing by removing the//---------------------------between each section/window. There is absolutly no need for this being there. I hope this fixes the problem for all of you. For me and my particular setup, it works fine.Mike BaumannFlight FX Design GroupStewart Global Aircraft

Guest Henri W

>I have been highly suspicious of stuff lately that comes out>of S.America, Spain and France.....They just have a different>mindset.Wow, that is some general statement. Your wisdom is enlightening. As far as another simulator is concerned the absolutely best planes and panels now solely come from France (ROTW) by the way.Cheers,HenriNeither from S. America, Spain, nor France

Mike:Thanks for this message. I shall try as you suggest in 15 minutes. Man, how the heck do you KNOW what on earth to look for in all these files that sorts the rubbish out from the gems? I am amazed and impressed.More in a bit. Thanks again (thanks also for stunning FFX a/c!!)JS

Mike:I did 2 of the 3 things you told me to do; I seem to have only one Geartalk3 line in the panel.cfg folder, not two. And I deleted all those lines.Anyway, I got into the 738 at Meigs and took off (never got that far before.) All went well and the screen just froze at 4800' MSL as I was turning to KORD at IAS 220.Are you sure there is a second geartalk3? Is it definitely in the panel.cfg folder?Thanks anyway, I got off the ground, at least!JS

Gauge 39 and gauge 42 in the main panel section (window00). It exists in both the regular and the FFX one he had in there. When I first installed it and used it, I flew around Meigs and Midway and O'hare for over a half an hour with no problems.When you find the other one and remove it and you still got problems, we'll see what else could be wrong.Mike BaumannFlight FX Design GroupStewart Global Aircraft

Mike:Yeah, OK, I found the second gaugetalk3 file inside the one that was designed for FFX 737 models. So I took both out and did the line edits (----------, etc.). Then I loaded the -800 and as I was sitting here typing on my other PC, the screen froze on the PC with MSFS running the -800 on it after about 3 minutes and the mouse arrow simply vanished from sight. I had clicked around on the MCP a bit but not taken off, I was still on the ground.It seems to me that the EICAS and screens work but the moment I touch the MCP or click a button to do something, I get a feeling that this has something to do with the subsequent freezing or hanging of FS. Also, disturbingly, when it hangs, I have to switch off the PC at the electric mains as I cannot get out of FS or Windows XP Home Ed. This baffles and concerns me.By the way, I did NOT re-number the gauges in the panel.cfg file after deleting the gaugetalk. Should I have re-numbered them to make them perfectly sequential after deleting the gaugetalk3 files?What else should I try?Thanks again!JS

Sounds like another issue then. First off, YES your supposed to re-number the remaining lines!:( Have you recently added another program to FS that could be causing the hang-ups? Does FS freeze only when you use this panel? Mike BaumannFlight FX Design GroupStewart Global Aircraft