Sign in to follow this  
gdr

How do you turn off load bar

Hello:Some time ago there was a tip on how to turn off the load bar window so it would not block the splashscreen.Any one remember how to do that?Gerry Reid

Loadbar to my knowledge cannot be removed, if sim needs to update some scenery. It happens only if you change something, not every time, at least not here. Usually splash screen comes and then after a while, a main FS9 screen.

At one time I had a modified dlgalert.bmp in my FS9\Uires folder that removed the slider bar that shows what percent is being loaded.I can't recall where I found it, but will look some more tomorrow.Anyone else? Opa, this sounds like something I would have heard about from you.Joe[edit]found a file at flightsim.com - noslid.zip[/edit][edit#2]also look at noslidx.zipUse this file with caution!!! FS may appear to lock up because it is waiting for you to respond to a question that will not display with use of this file! If this happens, hit enter.[/edit#2]

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Opa, this sounds like something I would have heard about from you.Joe
You beat me to it - and the caution is very important also.

Guest belga1

Hello,I know .. all the tastes exist and are personnal .. but what is deranging or weird with this bar ?This is worth the risk to remove it and after risk of having problems much more than being annoyed by this bar?Regards.bye.gifGus.

Hello,I know .. all the tastes exist and are personnal .. but what is deranging or weird with this bar ?This is worth the risk to remove it and after risk of having problems much more than being annoyed by this bar?Regards.bye.gifGus.
What Risk? The app works just fine. AH...I injoy looking at the splashscreen instead of a load bar.

Guest Zevious Zoquis
What Risk? The app works just fine. AH...I injoy looking at the splashscreen instead of a load bar.
:( what if you have a problem and the sim crashes? You won't see at what point in the load process the problem occured - which can give you a hint as to what the problem may be. I don't know, this seems like a bit of a strange thing to worry about. Maybe the sim takes a lot longer to load for you or something but personally, I'd rather know whats going on in terms of loading than have an un-covered splash screen to stare at for 20 seconds. If you want to look at the splash screen, you could always set it up as your desktop wallpaper and you could stare at it all day long... :( but of course, to each there own. :)

I have to agree with the above statement that the load bar is very important in troubleshooting. It was added after years of simmers not being able to tell if load times were longer or shorter than usual. Visually being able to see how long it's taking the sim to load versus just sitting there looking at nothing was requested by many of us. To each his own but this is one of the oddest request I've heard of in some time...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2