Sign in to follow this  

B73X by FX

Guest Macs

Guys this aircraft looks incredible, one thing tho-I've read the readme(How could I not) and have installed it. Its working pretty much perfectly except for the wing views and DF734 panel.As stated,I just ran an ALIAS to the DF734,but when I selected wing views I saw both a vitual wing and the Bitmap image provided by DF...any suggestions?RegardsJohnhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk 650Hours ;)P 2.53 GHZ512 RAMWINXPGFORCE 4 128MB Ti4600http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

Erick should have mentioned that you have to edit out the wings from the bitmaps. Sorry.Mike BaumannFlight FX Design GroupStewart Global Aircraft

Guest vas_yan

While on the topic of FFX/SGA and DF panel...First of all allow me to congratulate you people for an outstanding external model, one which I believe has been missing from FS for too long. Everything looks very nice indeed!As regards functionality I have a couple of queries which I gould be grateful if you could comment on. I aliased the panel to my DF installation as per instructions. One thing I noticed was that you have only modeled two fuel tanks. It was my understanding that it actually has three (?). Secondly, it seems (to me at least) somewhat overpowered...One needs less than 35% N1 on the approach, full flaps, in order to decelerate towards the appropriate Vref. On takeoff, she hits so easily 5000+ that it makes it impossible to maintain V2+15 during initial climb. That's with fuel tanks half full.In all honesty I haven't flown a real 737, all I have to compare with is DF, which hasn't attracted a lot of criticism regarding its FDE, except for the sluggish handling on finals and the G/S capture AFAIK. The above is strictly meant as constructive criticism and nothing else (any trolls out there kindly refrain from hijacking the thread!).Once again congratulations for a fine effort.

Sorry about the flight dynamics. I didn't participate in any of the classics development. So the ones that are contained in the files I believe belong to Sam Chin. They are quite old and not specifically tailored to these aircraft. Sometime in the future when time permits, I will release an update to all 3 and bring it up to date so to speak.I can't go into specifics, but the classics got out of hand since the first days in their creation. We're just happy to "get rid of them". Once the smoke settles, then we'll attend to fixes and updates for ALL of our releases.Mike BaumannFlight FX Design GroupStewart Global Aircraft