Sign in to follow this  

Please help with Adding AI to airport?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Hi I would like to add AI to my local airport and I'm having some problems. For instance i'm using the AI traffic program to put AI in airports. So I noticed that there were no taxiways or runways or parking spots for AI there so I made a new AFCAD file so that they could go there and saved it. I still cant set up a flight for AI to that airport. Thank You for your help.

Just noticed it seems i forgot to add hold short nodes. Do I need those?ALso when creating parking how do I know which aircraft fit into which types of gates like when I add a parking area for GA Small aircraft or GA medium aircraft how do I know what planes will park there?

Howdy:I agree with the JetDoctor: he's got great and very readable how-to pages. Also, Lee's AFCAD docs are very helpful with commonly encountered problems (there's an extra section in the back). Also, check out this link at Project AI: http://projectai.flight1.net/forums/forum_...sp?TID=407&PN=1Yes, you need hold-short nodes! To find out which aircraft require/utilize which type/size of gate, one option is to use the Aircraft Editor function of AI Traffic Mover and load and write down each aircraft's "radius".One comment about your AFCAD file: it's counterintuitive but the *fewer* nodes you have along taxiways and runways the better. Lots of nodes slow down AI traffic during taxi and aircraft tend to "jiggle" each time they cross a node. There are a few exceptions to this rule and they are discussed in the Project AI link above.Cheers, Holger

Ok well I added the hold short nodes already because the aircraft would taxi to the runway and then just sit there and I thought that would fix it. But it didn't.This is where the two test AI aircraft just stop.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/14795.jpgThis is the AFCAD file and a blown up inset of that part of the runway.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/14799.jpgSo does anybody know why this is happening?Thanks for any help you can give.