Sign in to follow this  

Weather program errors ??

jerrycwo4I'm I still doing something wrong ? I'm trying to use the two weather programs, FSSky and Active Sky WxRE. Here are my steps that I am using:1. Click on the FSSky icon2. click on "OFF" and raise the time to 5 minutes.3.Click on "AUTO", then "By RANDOM" ( "ALL" is highlighted in RED); click "OK"4. Click on "INSTALL AND RUN FS2002"5.FS2002 stars, then I set up my flight6. Click on ACTIVE SKY WxRE icon and wait for it to load7. I load my FLIGHT DECK COMPANIONAfter this I do NOT make ANY adjustments to the weather program in FS2002. I was told earlier that if I used the two weather programs listed above that I did NOT have to go into the FS2002 weather to do anything else to it.I can hear the "to- to- to -to" of the FSSky as it's 5 minute timer goes off. My main problem is, as I'm flying in the spot plane mode as the timer goes off and FSSKY changes to a differant cloud type ( the FSSKY program changes to a differnt cloud type), BUT I do NOT see a differant cloud show up in FS2002. They look the same to me.In other words I'm trying to get differant type clouds every 5 minutes but I see the same type of cloud on the monitor. What, if anything am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help.jerry

Jerry,If you are using the older version of FSW, did you download and install all the cloud packs?If you are using the new, stand alone version, when you do #3 are there check marks in all the cloud type boxes?You are correct in thinking that nothing needs to be done in FS Weather.I use both programs and know they work together great!!Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

jerrycwo4Thanks for the reply. Let me ask you the question. When the cloud types change in the program do you really see a change in the clouds on your monitor? jerry

Hi, The clouds visual change sometime with auto install, not at the same time that's you heard the sound or the counter have finished the time elapsed, they change more when the metar is updated..Be sure you have v2.4 and there is the setting in the doc (Auto Install).ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFs

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Chris is correct. Remember that it is the METAR from AS that sets the cloud types you will see in FS. Yes I see changes, but not every time the timer hits zero.Hope this helps,JimActiveSky Support

jerrycwo4Thanks for the help in this matter. I do see more changes to the sky color that changes on the monitor from a "white" to differant shades of blue. I guess that the program is working correctly. I did UPGRADE to the following:Active SkyWxRe to vr 1.8FS Skyworld to vr 2.4FSUIPC to vr 2.975FDC (Flight Deck Companion) to vr1.3My Traffic to vr1.2I have been flying my new "love", the Lockheed Super Constilation (N6937C) around the Hawaian Islands... I just can't seem to break away from the SOUND of those 4, big beautifully sounding engines !!!!Is there anybody else flying this great aircraft ? If so, with FDC engauged, I can NOT start the engines. I have to start the engines and then start FDC. Thanks for the help. jerry :-)