Sign in to follow this  

New G4 Ti4200 Problems--Panel Fade Out

I just bought a new G4 TI4200 card and my Baron panel fades out into like 256 color mode or something. What's going on??

It isnt fading into a red type checkerboard pattern is it? I have that same card and had a problem (along with others) when I enabled FSAA. It only happens when there is red text on the screen like the parking brakes or whatever the case might be. If it really is going into 256, thats a new one Ive never heard of before.Craig

>It isnt fading into a red type checkerboard pattern is it? I>have that same card and had a problem (along with others) when>I enabled FSAA. It only happens when there is red text on the>screen like the parking brakes or whatever the case might be.>If it really is going into 256, thats a new one Ive never>heard of before.>>CraigYou're right -- get rid of red text and the problem goes away. But I ALWAYS have speed, FPS, etc. and view name on, so I ALWAYS got red text on -- what do I do?? What do I turn off where so I can use this card? Should I get another ne instead?

Guest SoarPics

No need for a new card. This is a known issue with FS2K2 and nVidia cards. If your computer can handle it, change your screen resolution to 32 bit. Another trick is to take your mouse and SLIGHTLY resize the window... just shrink it a bit (can't remember if this is one axis or both... you'll need to experiment a bit). Also you could change drivers, though the "Great nVidia Driver Hunt" will suely take more time than you have to fly. :-) Don't waste your time trying to find the "silver bullet" drivers.Regards,

>No need for a new card. This is a known issue with FS2K2 and>nVidia cards. If your computer can handle it, change your>screen resolution to 32 bit. Another trick is to take your>mouse and SLIGHTLY resize the window... just shrink it a bit>(can't remember if this is one axis or both... you'll need to>experiment a bit). Also you could change drivers, though the>"Great nVidia Driver Hunt" will suely take more time than you>have to fly. :-) Don't waste your time trying to find the>"silver bullet" drivers.>>Regards,I have the very latest drivers from nvidia (4403). Going to 32-bit solved it but I want the best FPS so I thought to get a better card and go to 16-bit for greatest FPS. Now I am forced to go to 32-bit.Anyone know which drivers in 16-bit do NOT cause this problem? Or is the FPS hit neglible between 16 and 32 bit (I have P4, 2.4 Ghz system)?

>>I have the very latest drivers from nvidia (4403). Going to>32-bit solved it but I want the best FPS so I thought to get a>better card and go to 16-bit for greatest FPS. Now I am forced>to go to 32-bit.>>Anyone know which drivers in 16-bit do NOT cause this problem?>Or is the FPS hit neglible between 16 and 32 bit (I have P4,>2.4 Ghz system)?>>Actualy, it seems I get slightly better FPS at 32-bit than at 16-bit. Can that be?