Sign in to follow this  

Need help: FS2002 and GF4-Ti4200

Hi, I am experiencing the following problem (a little hard to explain): when I jump into a FS2002 cockpit with side window bmp's (airplane without virtuell cockpit) and I look outside the windows, everything is fine. But when I enter the menue and then leave it again, I am experiencing a picture overlay. The menue is disappiering from the top to the bottom and the main panel is showing up, this takes about 2-3 sec's. The same then happens when I look outside the window or when I call up a subpanel. Both bmp's overlay and need 2-3 sec for loading. That's pretty unflyable. The problem is not 100% reproducable, means I do not know what to do to actually reproduce this problem.It happens for instance with the Eurowings Pro ATR and the PIC767.I tried everything. All drivers from 41.09 to 44.03. Tried to change the settings in the Nvidia menue and the FS2002 menue. I changed the motherboard, no help. This problem exists since quite a time.My system: XP2100+, MSI K7n2-Delta-ILSR, 1GB PC266 Ram, Pixelview GF4-Ti4200 128MB, WinXP, DX9.0a.Thanx for your help. Best regards Frank.

Go back to the Microsoft supplied drivers. If you are still having the same problem download the Mad Onion benchmark utility. If it fails then it is time to RA your video card. If it works then more investigation is required.

Scott
Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Microsoft supplied drivers? wich do you mean? Mad Onion benchmark utility? Got it, works fine. 3DMark2001SE 10723 points. The described problem only happens while running FS2002!brgds Frank

ok if Mad Onion works then it ain't hardware. Do the default aircraft work ok?

Scott

Just a stab in the dark,in control panel / diplay settings try 1024*768 32bit and in FS2002 set diplay to 1024*768*32 ie both 32bit.I had a wierd graphic problem using the Ti4200 and it cured the fault.

that was next :)Yes I have seen that too

Scott

I had the EXACT same problem. Creative GeForce 4200ti. I tried every driver combination. Re-installing windows and fs etc. Just last week got myself a new Mother Board / RAM / Processor 2400+ and it's gone away ?