Sign in to follow this  
ckukmale

Ultimate traffic and slew mode

Guest johns

I have just installed Ultimate Traffic but now when I slew any aircraft engines on or off and then press the Y key to take off slew mode the aircraft takes to the air and is out of control. Can anybody help.I think Ultimate Traffic is great.

I think that can happen even without UT.Some planes when you slew lift off the ground slightly so when you turn slew off the sim detects that you are in the air so when that happens you suddenly blast forward at 250knots. The way to stop doing that is just before you turn slew off or the Y key just press the A key which is the down key for slewing just to make sure that your plane is on the ground. Hold it down for a second or two and then when you turn slew off you should not be shooting off.Its probably because you might be using slew more since installing UT that you have noticed it all of a sudden. Its something its always been doing. Hope this works for you.

For me the first time I press Y I find myself in midair. The solution for me was disabling the joystick by pressing ctrl+k before slewing.Hope this helpsKrister

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest Toni Rauch

This works for me - put sim in Pause, move joystick in every axis (full left, full right, full out, full in etc.), then unpause.This will recalibrate joystick so that when you go into Slew mode, you don't fly off anywhere!As a matter of general 'good practice', I do this every time I'm about to fly to ensure proper joystick calibration.The problem you describe has nothing to do with Ultimate Traffic.Hope this helps.Toni.

Guest johns

thanks everybody and in paricular ckuckmale. Pressing A before Y to exit slew mode works a treat. Thanks again.

No problem John. Glad to see you are back on the ground again and not shooting off..Craig Kiltie