Sign in to follow this  
CharlieZ

FS2002, How much space?

I was just checking to make sure I had enough space for FS9 when it comes out (I only have a 40gig HD.) Went to see how much space FS2002 was taking up. My FS2k2 folder is 11.3gigs. is that about what you all have? Just curious.

Guest outtatimeiii

I have 10.52GB now allocated to FS2002 on my 40GB. Thats just FS2002 alone, I think I have another 5GB of RAR archives of aircraft that I really like and have backed up. So that adds up to be ~15GB total just for FS2002 LOL.Since I got backups of aircraft handy, I can basically plow down FS2002 and install FS2004 when I get it and not much will be lost.

6.4GB here - I don't have a lot of freeware aircraft, just my payware stuff. Have most of the FSGenesis terrain CDs and Ultimate Traffic installed which takes up a lot of it...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Mine only takes up 3.1GB. I only keep what I use. I started over fresh when I built my new system, and I didn't bother installing stuff I never used.

Guest SlimDady

Well currently I have only 4.8gb for my fs2002Mostly payware.. except for a few exceptional freewareOnly planes with panels and sounds and stuffIm still trying to build my collection back up of different aircraft type after my format. I try to find a plane I like then get all the liveries I can for emI would assume that fs2004 should not be much larger then fs2002. unless they include a 4th cd..

4.25gb I had more, but I deleted alot of the 747's and 777-200's I had since I don't fly long haul anymore.

Holy crap! What is everyone installing? Are you actually using all of this space. It reminds me of some people's mp3 folders (a million songs that they never listen to). My FS2K directory is 2.2G and includes all of my utilities (despite their always wanting to install themselves into Program Files) and:CfgEditFSNavArrCabAfCadFSGauges - including backup gauge filesI dumped the Gmax folder since I never used it and I could replace it from the CD if I wanted it. I have 200Mb of addon aircraft. That still gives me a ton of aircraft.

Yea, I was afraid I was a pack rat. I'm reformatting here in a few weeks, my family is blaming me for our computer being sluggish, lol. Most of the ac I never fly, I'm just to lazy to delete them I guess.

My FS2002 folder is 11.1 gigs, but I keep most of my aircraft in hangers on JAB2000. Project AI aircraft also take up a lot of space.I currently have 240 gigs of hard drive space, so I am not worried yet.