Sign in to follow this  
michal

Gibraltar new starting position in fs2004 ?

Guest AIH781

:s I don't see how Gibraltar can be the new starting position for some reason !

I just love the things people say sometimes.....coming out with cr*p.

Please don't come with agressive comments containing "F***" , it is of no use for a good discussion is it...Why Gibraltar? A386: When was the last time you saw a 747 take off from Meigs?If the default airport is off the question in FS2004 then my first question is irrelevant.Gibraltar in my humble opinion has a longer runway then Meigs and if any specific airport should be the default why not Gibraltar? Else give me your favorite airport and opinion why that specific aiport and runway is good enough for anyone to start from (bear in mind Meigs)Although the area of Gibraltar is less populated then Chicago, there are many airports to fly to (Malaga, Tanger, Sevilla) which you can reach easily by Cessna. rgds, Mr. MiyagiWill_UK: Cr*p is what you make of it. Comments like that make us (FS community) all look stupid.

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

You forgot san on the end of your name! It should be Miyagi-san. That's all.

Guest brewmaster

How often do you take off from Meigs with a 747? Or even A340-600 or A380-100?

Hello all,what is you're opinion about the new default starting position when starting fs2004? Should it be Gibraltar now that Meigs is gone?Also I wish the rock is visible in fs2004.rgds. Mr Miyagi

Why is it even an issue????? I changed the default airport in FS2002 on day one. Why does it even matter, you don't have to fly out of it if you don't want to!!Sorry, I just don't understand why people complain about stupid things like this.....If you don't like Meigs as the default, change it to whatever you would like.

Guest brewmaster

Just wanted to make it clear my previous post was in response to another post that was since deleted. The way it looks now it sounds as if I am the idiot. I dont really care what airport is the default. Brew

"Just wanted to...the default. "Brew, no problem, I wasn't reacting to your post :)Of course it's no BIG issue whatever default airport there should be, just my two cents because Meigs isn't there anymore. Change it to whatever you like. I will too.I've seen less interesting posts on the forum so I don't understand the people make a big fuzz of my topic, if you don't like what I'm asking don't answer please..Since the first Flight Simulator I'm taking off at Meigs that's why I've started this topic.rgds. Miyagi-san (as requested) :)ps. It's not a complaint.

Of course I don't care what airport is default in FS2004. But if I were to decide it would be Van Nuys, California. The busiest general aviation airport in the country.Michael J.

hi,Agreed, if theres a new default it should be Van nuys... close to downtown LA, Klax and all of Socal. Andrew

Few know about it but Van Nuys ranks 8-th in the world in terms of the number of aircraft movements. It is before Las Vegas which is 9-th.Michael J.