Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

More J41 screens and tidbits

Just conducted a KBOS-KJFK run in what is likely our Release Candidate 1 version and took some more screens for everyone, this time with the focus on the VC displays and a cool element of the visual model. These are the actual settings I'm flying with, I haven't cranked anything up just for the benefit of screenshots.This is a wide angle shot showing off the majority of the main panel. Note the blanked out FO displays, which can be fully disabled to improve framerates on older CPU based systems.j41_vc.jpgHere's a super close up, you can really see the incredible detail we've put into these textures and gauges, right down to the CRTs actually projecting the symbology onto a modeled aperture grille inside the screen glass, complete with dust and finger smudges.j41_vc_2.jpgHere's something I'm not sure we've shown off yet - the visual model has dynamic passenger loading. There's a loadsheet in the cockpit next to the right window and if you click passengers into it, they actually appear in the model in real time, fully animated. Here's a shot of a couple err... "characters" enjoying the view from 16,000 feet.j41_pax.jpgHere's a couple nice shots of the visual model with the awesome REX2.0 sky and water to round out today's activities:j41_spot.jpgj41_spot_2.jpgShould have some shots with real liveries to show really soon...I think you guys are really going to enjoy this plane, it's very very cool and a nice break from the long haul airliner stuff if you ask me!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest OYLSB

Maybe it has been asked before, then forgive me... Is there a cabinview (where you actully can se the passengers) in this beautiful mashine ??

With each successive set of amazing screens, the questions are going to come thick and fast.I would be grateful if you could let us know if there is a virtual cabin toggle (a slightly different question from Leif's)... or whether there is no drop in performance if it is there or not...If I remember correctly, doesn't the MD-11 have this feature?That VC panel is up there with the best of them on the market currently. I am definitely looking forward to this one. It is right up my street in terms of range and performance!Andrew

Guest craneduitre

I know the guy sitting in the last seat !Is he from Team Fortress 2 ? :( (He is not supposed to be on board with his machine gun btw...)

With each successive set of amazing screens, the questions are going to come thick and fast.I would be grateful if you could let us know if there is a virtual cabin toggle (a slightly different question from Leif's)... or whether there is no drop in performance if it is there or not...If I remember correctly, doesn't the MD-11 have this feature?
There's no virtual cabin per se - it's part of the external model and the camera views we've provided use that, not the VC. This is really a moot point though, we've proven in our internal testing that the primary cause of low framerates in FSX is actually the number of mouse clickspots in the VC, not the amount of geometry (polys) present. This is why aircraft like the Lotus L-39 or the Aerosoft Twin Otter get such high frames - they have very few clickspots compared to what we do. It's just the nature of the airplane being modeled... With the demise of ACES the only thing that will ever solve this problem is faster CPUs - the latest Core i7s are finally starting to put a dent in the issue. That said I'm getting 20+ FPS in these shots here, it's by no means ridiculously slow or anything. The guys on the team with i7s are getting upwards of 40+.
I know the guy sitting in the last seat !Is he from Team Fortress 2 ? :( (He is not supposed to be on board with his machine gun btw...)
This particular J41 flight indeed has a "Heavy" callsign hehe...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

haha nice spot craneduitre, this plane looks so amazing, just imagine the NGX 2.0 *Drool*. cant wait to see her in some real liverys, gonna be awesome!

Hi,can you make an screeni from the center and overhead panel in VC. Would be great.Greetings from Germany & thanks for you`re great Programming :)Alex

Brilliant! The VC screenshots look like photographs of something real. There's a pattern emerging here: the MD-11X VC is (IMHO) noticeably more advanced in terms of visual fidelity than the 747X VC - and it looks as if you're about to raise the game yet again. If you carry on at this pace, the VC in the 737 will be jaw-dropping.Tim

Hey Ryan,Whats that Blank screen on the left side for? I didnt se an INOP sign there..it must be for something!Peter Osborn

Peter Osborn

Guest OYLSB
Hey Ryan,Whats that Blank screen on the left side for? I didnt se an INOP sign there..it must be for something!Peter Osborn
If it is the one to the right of the PFD and ND you mean, my guess is that it's the Weather radar screen...

Hi,can you make an screeni from the center and overhead panel in VC. Would be great.Greetings from Germany & thanks for you`re great Programming :)Alex
Hi Alex. If you visit the PMDG J41 Product Page, you will find many more images, including pictures of the overhead and pedestal.We've also added some new shots of our custom icing modelling.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Leif,It has been said before that they will not model the Weather radar.......Must be for something else. Peter Osborn

Peter Osborn

I am really excited about this project. It will be nice to do some connecting flights to smaller airports. Does anyone know if this will be released in boxed versions?