Sign in to follow this  
Guest Captain Barfbag

Can you force ATC to change landing on a different runway?

Guest fsjunkey

Say ATC tells me to land on runway 7, but I want to land on 22. Is there a way to force ATC to tell me to use 22 instead?(Reason I want 22 is to use ILS...7 doesn't have ILS), but ATC always tells me to use 7). Thanks in advance for any response.

Guest Marc Sykes

The easiest way, for now (supposedly the new FSACOF will allow you to request a different runway from ATC), would be to download AFCAD, load up your airport, go to List Runways, 7, properties, and then close runway 7/25 for landings. You could also close it for takeoffs if you want to use 4/22 exclusively, or keep 7/25 for takeoffs and 4/22 for landings.The reason this is happening is because right now Flight Simulator will always use the longest runway, regardless of wind direction or ILS equipment. However, it's quite easy to fix this with AFCAD.Regards,Marc

Other than planning ahead and using AFCAD ... you can purchase Radar Contact 3.0 and get great ATC .. lots better and more functional than MS FS ATC (no offense, because I used it for a long time until RC3.0 and it fsatc was ok because it was the only show in town, impressive and having flown around the world a couple of time with it, pretty accurate at vectoring in my opinion) ... but with RC3.0 you can ask for-takeoff and landing runways of your choice-ask to go DIRECT to a waypoint-ask for higher (now you can do step climbs) or lower altitudes-fly your favorite SID or STARall in all a big improvement .. and like FS_Meteo, in my opinion, it is a MUST HAVE for an immersive flight experience.

Guest Captain Barfbag

It's been raining here in New England for what seems like a month straight. I can't do anything about it. Fortunately, you can in Flight Simulator. If you change the wind direction to 220 degrees, FS ATC will have your VFR flights land on runway 22.