Sign in to follow this  

To anyone with the Flight1 Cessna 421C

Hi,I wanted to query other owners of this addon. I do know that Flight1 maintains their own support forum but AVSIM is the place to go when you want information fast and accurate :)Ok, regarding the 421, I'm having a heck of a time dealing with torque roll. I can't trim the thing to maintain a constant heading worth a hoot unless I engage the autopilot. This is the only flightsim plane I have so much trouble with in this regard. The whole yaw modeling with the 421 seems wormy. There is a yaw damper switch on the main panel but it does not seem to have any effect at all. Question: How do you guys trim out the torque roll with your setup?Thanks a lot.

I do not have the problems you describe. How are you loading the plane. FS doesn't do a good job of modeling lateral CG, so if you have too much weight loaded on one side it will roll to that side.

Hi there. I`ve been using the C421 for a while now and have found it to be really stable, stable enough in fact that it is one of the few planes I can fly in IMC completely manually. No probs with torque roll. It kicks left (very slightly) when you rev the engines at the start of the takeoff roll but other than that it flies very sweetly..Check the fuel loads, I`ve caught myself out after flying something which uses one tank at a time like the Tomahawk and then switching to another aircraft. Can`t think of anything else really. I have all the realism sliders on the right so its not a function of the level of gyro / P-factor..Hope you resolve it Lungs

Aha!Lateral CG modeling, I bet this is the culprit. I will run the load manager to balance things out and see how this goes. I would have never thought of this but I bet you money it's the problem because noone else is having problems. Thanks a lot you guys!!!

That was it, I had a big fat pilot sitting in the left side beside the 110 pound babe in the right. FS2002 has a time modeling the Lateral CG in this situation. Works great now, thanks again!