Sign in to follow this  
Guest A_Delta_Sierra

Getting at flight performance data

How do I extract specific data about how a person has performed a task such as landing. As part of a research project I need to measure exactly how a person has performed in attempting to fly the optimal glideslope/heading. I am looking for measures like: Root mean square error, the distance a person was off the optimal glideslope, deviation from touch town point, time to complete the task, time spent within a certain distance from optimal glideslope, and how often a deviation from an area around optimal glideslope occurred. Is it possible to strip this data off of Microsoft FS2002 or FS2000 (or other versions of MSFS) so that it can be statistically analyzed? Thank you.

Guest Ron Freimuth

>How do I extract specific data about how a person has>performed a task such as landing. As part of a research>project I need to measure exactly how a person has performed>in attempting to fly the optimal glideslope/heading. All I can think of is to use Recorder.dll to log appropriate FS token variables. The log file can be loaded into Excel and flight data such as position, altitude, etc. plotted and analyzed. One would have to program LOC/GS paths in independently, then take the difference between the logged flight path and the desired path. You can also get a small graph of altitude in the built in flight analyser in FS, but it's not very good. Ron

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

Look here for real data:http://rob.com/lancair/flights/2003/All the data is in an Excel spreadsheet.AND23/05/2003: New version FLTREC82 A new version of FLTREC (8.2) have been released.This new version exposes all variables available in FS2002. The output file format for "sets" have beed updated from DTD to XML Schemas.available at:http://www.avsim.com/hangar/utils/nav/Good Luck.Regards,Bob