Sign in to follow this  
Guest Javis

Why haven't we sen one of these????

I have always wondered why no one has done a decent one of these? Its fast, Its acrobatic, and its colorful! Do a good one and the Navy just might want to take a look at it. This was one nice aircraft to fly, very powerful and very responsive too.Hornithttp://www.airliners.net/open.file/118012/M/

I don't know. There are still many real life T-34's out there used as trainers.Seems that someone would have cooked up one by now.But you see, everyone seems to like airliners. Check the newfiles and downloads. Airliners, airliners, airliners. The ga aircraft seem to be in row 75 seat A.

Guest Coneman

Boy, good question. That's one I'd pay for.Todd

Guest Javis

>Boy, good question. That's one I'd pay for.Actually you *could* have... for FS2K that is..VIP/Ken Kerr produced a very nice commercial FS2K T-34 Mentor package endorsed by Julie Clark ( T-34 aerobatics championesse ). Imho one of the nicest GA aircraft in FS98 was a T-34 designed by Chris Lampard. Daniel Gazano did a repaint depicting the very same livery from the picture. For FS2K Marcelo Canovas produced a Turbo Mentor. So, depending on how long you are into FS and have been paying attention, we actually DID have seen quite some of these... (-:But you're quite right, about time someone did a GMax or FSDS2 T-34 version ! I'd LOVE to have a go at it myself but i'm already working at night because i've used up all 24 hours in a day. :( Jan VisserMAAM-SIM

I did fly the 34 you mentioned in 98 and FS2K. I would love to see a decent upgraded 3d model of it with a nice 2D panel and views, of course with the state of the art, a VC would be really nice too. I mean look at the Vinka Mikko just released, I would GLADLY pay for a 34C of that calibre. Someone like you Jan, would surely do this thing justice! If you ever get the urge, I have a bunch of hours in these things, would love to help!Hornit

Guest ba747heavy

What in the world is wrong with airliners? That is what the market demands, that is what the developers develop -- Capitalism at its best. Sorry you don't like it, but that is the way it is.Now back to my PMDG 737 NG :)

Airliners are great, but are periodically boring. A nice aerobaticplane that in some cases reminds us users of an earlier time is great too. I myself remember being introduced to acrobatic flight in a T-34 when being recruited by the USN years ago. Sooo...it aint all about the big silver birds.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

I volunteer to do the skins of for anyone who does build a first class T-34, or ESPECIALLY...a T-6 Texan/SNJ bird. How a T-6 hasescaped being done by a payware house is amazing.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest ba747heavy

Sure it isn't all about the bug silver birds. But that is what the majority of ppl who use FS want(the numnber of downloads says this clearly), and complaining about it is silly.

>I volunteer to do the skins of for anyone who does build a>first class T-34, or ESPECIALLY...a T-6 Texan/SNJ bird. How a>T-6 has>escaped being done by a payware house is amazing.>>Eric>}(REALAIR do you see this!!!? :-wave LOL

http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssigsmall.jpg "There is an art . . . to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!"

"Sure it isn't all about the bug silver birds. But that iswhat the majority of ppl who use FS want(the numnber ofdownloads says this clearly), and complaining about it issilly."....and defending them is just as silly! ;-)Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest ba747heavy

>....and defending them is just as silly! ;-)Your probably right :)

Guest Javis

>If you ever get the>urge, I have a bunch of hours in these things, would love to>help!Noted, Hornit! No problemo with the urge, it's time and of course the fact that MAAM doesn't have a T-34 amongst its collection. Particularly regarding the 2D panel,gauges and VC a truckload of high res photo's of the real thing is deffinately needed to make a nice job of it. Really love flying these trainer/utillity aircraft in FS. Very much looking forward to this upcoming commercial 'Tweet', screenshots look very promising.Eric : amongst the commercial VIP 'Classic Wings' packages for FS98 and FS2K the T-6 Harvard/SNJ was also featured.Nicely done by Pierre Greutert ( are you still there, Pierre !?? :-roll ) with sounds by good 'ol Mike Hambly. Pity VIP didn't survive the FS commercial rat race,huh....best regards,Jan VisserMAAM-SIM

Guest bukusuma

Anything new on the T-34C yet? Which of the available ones are flyable with FS2004?Thanks,Bram

Guest LonelyplanetXO

I don't know of any current T-34's altho theres a japanese licence built version in the file library somewhere (haven't tried it & can't recall what it's called).There are a few really great aerobatic models I use in FS. Daniel DeSilva's (50's) T-6 Texan has a nice visual model & a basic VC. I added the FDE from the one at AV history which features a spinnable flight model, sound from Aaron swindle and viola! A cracker T-6 in RAF or USN colours.There's also a very cool freeware Decathlon, some super powerful aerobatic Sea Furys over at the other site and of course Realairs SF-260...take your pick...Happy landingsLPXO