Sign in to follow this  
Guest KenG

FS2004 Beta Question

Guest DSN

Hi,Forgive me if this has been asked. Are there speed restrictions in FS2004? Will the ATC system instruct you as well as AI to adjust speed for seperation or enforce speed restrictions?thanks-DN

Guest Joshieca

Since your asking, I would like to know if the ATC gives little pauses so that "pilots" can respond in between transmissions.....In FS2002, a problem is that when you enter an airspace which has a lot of add extra AI traffic, you often will have the ATC give out several instructions to different planes all at the same time. This rarely happens in the real world....as in the real world the ATC will give a plane an instruction, and pause for like one second to see if that plane responds, and then move onto the next instruction for the next plane, pause for a response, and then so on and so on. It would be cool if the FS04 ATC did that as well as give speed restrictions.[div align=center][link:www.jetdoc.com/STO/]Visit The Bookstore & Gift Shoppe][/b

Am running the "vanilla" FS9. I haven't populated it with AI other than whats included. I haven't noticed any "crowding of channels" in the base install. We probably won't see issues with this until the general population starts loading the AI up, if we do at all.

Guest KenG

It does happen in the real world if you happen to be in a busy airspace. On quite a few occasions while in the Tampa, Orlando, or Miami Class B or in the Daytona Beach Class C airspaces, I've had to wait up to 1 minute or more to respond to ATC. Between the controller barking out continuous commands and other pilots filling every void with responses, there was just no way to get a word in edgewise.I even had the problem while on my IR checkride. I wound up switching to Tower frequency without notifying Approach because there was just no way to break in and we were already inside the OM. The examiner had no problems with it either and said it was the right thing to do.All I'm saying is that if there are a lot of planes in the controller's airspace, it isn't unreasonable to have to wait to get to respond. That's true even in the less than realistic ATC of FS2002.