Sign in to follow this  

Valmet Vinka why was it removed?

Guest danowat

Hi,I just read that the new valmet vinka, which is excellent by the way, was removed from the library.Does anybody know why?, I have a few ideas floating around my head and none of them are very pretty.Just wanted to know to satisfy my curiosity.Dan.

As I stated in an earlier thread, this became a contested file. Our policy is to remove contested files immediately and until the two parties (or more) resolve the issues that make it contested, it remains off the AVSIM library.

Guest danowat

Hi,Ok, so it was a "consested" file, does this mean some of it was pirated, or has it "stepped" on some peoples toes.Maybe I am barking up the wrong tree, or maybe I should mind my own business, but I have been using it almost exclusivly since I downloaded it and it would be a sham to have it tainted in some way.Dan.

Let's not speculate and let's do give the various parties time to work it out or explain it themselves.

Haha, I downloaded it already! Lucky me, lucky me. Now everyone can squabble while I have fun flying.

But it's still available for download from www.fsnordic.netDavid

Guest SoarPics

This is truely unfortunate. Guess it will be removed from my hard drive until this issue is resolved. Please keep us posted, Tom. It's a great little airplane.

Guest Marvel

I also got it from www.fsnordic.net the first day it came out and yeah, it is a really great little plane. Is it removed because it is made with too much high quality? That's what I understand.

Why remove it from your hard-drive? Granted, If I had paid for it and found it was "pirated" in some form then I would of felt robbed and would of certainly asked for a refund upon deletion, but a free download, downloaded in complete ignorance of any issues, then I would not feel compelled to delete it, I probably wouldn't distribute it to any friends, but if it was enjoyable to fly then I would continue to use it.Obviously everyone else has different principals when it comes to things like this, so this isn't knocking you, just a query as to why you felt strongly enough about any unknown issues to delete it.A tad embarrassing for AVSIM though since they ran its release as a frontpage headline. :)

Similarities to copywrited air.files which is being contested. And that is where it stands at the moment.L.Adamson

Guest danowat

Hi,Well that was my fear, I had thought that the similarities to the certain payware package would not have gone down to well (similarities in flight dynamics anyway), I hope it all gets resolved in a nice clean manner, and the package is avaliable once agian, I think that it is a package that everybody should have.Dan

I can hardly believe that Mikko would steal someone else's work...He's been on the receiving end too often for that.

>I can hardly believe that Mikko would steal someone else's>work...>>He's been on the receiving end too often for that.Mikko programs the graphics, which doesn't involve the disputed files. The aircraft was put together as a team effort.L.Adamson

Guest Bigshot

So, there's only one person that can program spins???? and accurate flight dynamics????? Judging by the names on that airplane, I seriously doubt there was any copying going on anywhere.