Sign in to follow this  

Valmet Vinka why was it removed?

>>Considering that data tables in the .air file are>enumerated>>to six decimal point precision, the likelihood that>>two developers working independently would arrive at the>same,>>exact values for their data points is deep within the realm>of>>improbability...>>You are right, if the numbers truly are same. Hard to tell,>because there are no hard evidence about assumed air file>piracy.Please note carefully that I did not say that they WERE identical, since I haven't looked at either one of them! I simply said that IF the table entries in two separate .air files were numerically identical to six decimal points of precision, then sheer coincidence would be highly improbable!I have far too much respect for all of the parties to make any sort of judgment, one way or another. I'm personally confident that it will be resolved amicably by the respective designers.Mikko, please allow me to express my deepest condolences on the loss of your grandfather. I know how much sorrow you are going through at this juncture, having experienced the loss of four family members within the same year...BillFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg

I also agree with the grey area. And the IBM PC clone is a very good example of it. Any time someone thinks up a great idea and makes it work it will not doubt be copied - plain and simple. This is a good thing for us consumers, it keeps prices down and avoids monopolies.But it will never fail to irritate the person(s) who concieved the original idea.But the real point of my post is about DesertRats comments about not buying the SF.260 because of the Vinka - 1) YOUR MISSING OUT! The SF is a FAR superior offering, which is why it costs $. The panel graphics, the model, paint - you name it, RealAir has gotten it right in every way. The Vinka - it's a very very VERY good freeware plane.. but not at all in the same league.The SF really is that good and that much fun to fly... your actually cheating yourself.2) Your early comments sort of read like a kindergartner saying "nana nana naaanaaaaa".

HI Eric, You can't do a true spin without rudder. It's the yaw moment which triggers the spin autorotation. "Spinning" with aileron and back elevator is a spiral dive. You can tell the difference because a spiral will usually accelerate the aircraft eventually through VNE.Regards,Rob Young

MikkoMy sympathy with your loss too its never easy to loose someone closePeter