Sign in to follow this  
cat

Question copying protection in FS2002

Hi all,to avoid a loss of my copy of FS2002 in case of CD-failure or something like that I made a backup of the 3 original CDs of FS2002 (CD to CD burning). Now I wanted to reinstall FS2002 from the backup-CDs (I've broken the No. 1 original-CD); setup works fine until the moment after creating the game folders on the HD. Then it says something like (my translation from German to English): "Unable to verify installation media." and stops installation process.For me it sounds like a copying protection or so. I've tried different drives and options - without any success. Does anybody have the same phenomena or knows what to do?Thank you and sorry for my bad English.Denis (EDNY)

Guest WorkingStiff

Create a temporary folder on your hard drive and copy all three CDs there into seperate sub-folders. Then run the install routine from your hard drive.

Thank you for your supersonic reply. I tried but it gave me the same error message as from the backup-CDs.Denis

Guest WorkingStiff

Then it seems that you have either a corrupted or missing file. The installation routine should tell you which file is causing the problem.

Buy your own copy of course...It is indeed an anti-piracy tool in operation that prevents copying the CDs by pirates (or rather, renders any copy useless).I've not needed my CDs since installing initially about 2 years ago. Had they been damaged at that time Microsoft would almost certainly have replaced them at no extra charge.

Guest WorkingStiff

>Buy your own copy of course...>It is indeed an anti-piracy tool in operation that prevents>copying the CDs by pirates (or rather, renders any copy>useless).>>I've not needed my CDs since installing initially about 2>years ago. Had they been damaged at that time Microsoft would>almost certainly have replaced them at no extra charge.Sometimes its better to simply scroll past a thread if you don't have anything useful to contribute.Why would you assume that the person did not already own a legitimate copy of FS2002?I've copied my CDs many times; in fact my preferred method of installation is to copy my CDs to my hard drive and then install from there. Also, there are lots of copies of FS2002 floating around the Internet so that invalidates your argument about "anti-piracy."It took me less than 15 seconds to find full CD-images of FS2002 in English, French, and German.http://forums.avsim.com/user_files/15338.gif

It's caused by bad copies Denis. Unless you used something like CloneCD or Alcohol 120 to make the copies they won't load due to the SafeDisc copy protection on the originals. If the originals are no longer available there is nothing you can do.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

FYI --- Nero works without any problems.Regards,Bob

How did you break the original CD?Peter Sydney Australia