Sign in to follow this  
Nightflier101BL

FSUIPC Error with MD-11

Well, I've read through every post about this problem and tried everything with no luck at all. I recently installed the MD-11, and then later noticed that I was running an unregistered copy of FSUIPC. So, I retrieved my key again from Simmarket and was able to successfully register, but then once I tried to load the MD-11, I got the error message saying my version was too old, which is wasn't.So, I searched my entire computer for the duplicates or older versions and found 1 duplicate in the ASV6 folder and deleted it. Did not work. I even re-purchased FSUIPC to get a new key and that didn't help.I've done everthing I can think of. Do I need to re-install the airplane? Any other ideas?RobertPS - do you think it could be an issue that I'm running Windows XP Pro 64-bit?

Best way is to delete all the fsuipc entries from the modules folder and then reinstall the fsuipc exe, then register it. Probably an older ini and dll file in there.Hope that's right.John Ellison

Well, I've tried that. Just a few minutes ago I restored the original Modules folder and re-installed the MD-11 after installing FSUIPC 3.90 and I am still getting the error message.I'm at a complete loss here at this point. Is it safe to assume I'm SOL?I should add here that everything works fine with the unregistered version and goes haywire only when I register.

i have had temperature related issues with fsuipc,when i went back to default settings, things became normal,i guess your problem does not lie in fsuipcwhy not run fsx without fsuipc to see if it works,my version is registered as well ,and i got this registered later.vivek

I should also add that I'm using FS9.I also tried using an older version of FSUIPC with no results. (3.50). I've used the search function to look for other .dll's, but turn up nothing. Do you know of any other areas that are common for FSUIPC files to be? I've changed the folder options to view hidden files as well, and even looked through every folder manually in FS9 and still find nothing.I can't imagine what else could be the problem.

I should also add that I'm using FS9.I also tried using an older version of FSUIPC with no results. (3.50). I've used the search function to look for other .dll's, but turn up nothing. Do you know of any other areas that are common for FSUIPC files to be? I've changed the folder options to view hidden files as well, and even looked through every folder manually in FS9 and still find nothing.I can't imagine what else could be the problem.
I had those problems, too. The only way wich works for me is this:PMDG MD-11 for FS9 installDelete all FSUIPC entries.Install 3.90 DLLRegister it.Copy and paste new version 3.921 for example.Did it for me.Best.Miquel Egea.

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately that did not work either. Jeez.....what a hassle.I'm starting to think it might be a 64bit OS problem if that's even possible. Do you think the FS9.cfg or texture folder could have anything to do with it? I ask this because when I installed FS9, I wrote over the cfg with my old one from another installation, as well as brought over the old texture folder.I've also been having an issue getting the World of AI to auto install - I've been needing to choose the manual install option. So, I don't know if the two could possibly be related, but I might as well throw that out there too.

I just tried re-building the fs9.cfg and that did not help either.I should add that I was running everything with no problems on my last computer. I recently built a new one with completely different hardware and OS. I formatted the harddrive before intstalling the new OS which is XP Pro 64-bit. I copied over the "PMDG" folder and "FMCWP" from the other installation. When I re-installed the MD-11 during this troubleshooting, I made sure to try everything out prior to writing over any files again.

One more update....I just completely re-installed my entire sim and re-installed the MD-11 on a clean system. Still does not work. I think I'll quit now lol I've been beat.

I'm running 32bit XP but there are people running the 64bit version, hopefully they'll chime in with some advice.

That's what I'm really hoping for at this point....I've completely exhausted ALL of my options and have tried everything. I've narrowed it down to a possible conflict in OS's since that is the only difference between the two computer systems - besides the hardware which shouldn't matter.If someone running XP Pro 64 could tell me if they are running a registered copy of FSUIPC and the MD-11, that would at least eliminate that possibility. If it's not compatible, I can live with that, at least I would know something.

I thought I would come back here and let you know that I have solved this issue - it was my desktop clock and date. It was set incorrectly - all the way back to 2004 which is older than the newer versions of FSUIPC. I set it properly and now it works fine.Thanks for the help everyone.Robert

I thought I would come back here and let you know that I have solved this issue - it was my desktop clock and date. It was set incorrectly - all the way back to 2004 which is older than the newer versions of FSUIPC. I set it properly and now it works fine.Thanks for the help everyone.Robert
Now that's a new one! :(