Sign in to follow this  
Guest Macs

Ya know...This Weather 2.0 is quite good.

After usiing this Weather 2.0 NOVICE edition for about a week now, I find it quite excellent. It's convenient and accurate. It's great being in FS2002 and turning it on while there. I use it in combination with FS SkyWorld, and the clouds are absolutely awesome. Even though I'm a paid user of ActiveSky WxRE, I'm going to shelve it for Weather 2.0. I will BUY THE FULL VERSION TONIGHT, and hope that it works, as the author says, in FS2004. I absolutely love the convenience of the program, and it doesn't slow down my flight, and it doesn't LOCK my flight. Great job. I appreciate it.OK ............I'm a believer in this program. Thanks Stan

I couldn't agree more. But I bought it within an hour of installing the Novice edition. I couldn't wait to eliminate that 15 minute cut-off. And the support is great too. Not that the support for ActiveSky wxRE wasn't excellent also. Here, however, you can have weather radar without all the hassles associated with FS FlightMax, albeit not in as colorful a manner. And the transitions are really a lot better. A great job by Keith.

I'm glad you agree. I think the author did a smart job of marketing when he allowed a basic edition to be "tried before buying". Very ethical! I just look forward to FS2004 and the interaction of this great program in that simulator.I wonder if Keith is working on any "improvements" to Weather 2.0? If so, what would they be? I haven't heard anybody complaining about anything in need of fixing. Oh well, I'm constantly amazed at the many talented people in this hobby.Talk to you soon. Stan

Guest Macs

Spilot, Just to let you know that Version 2.1 is out now so this confirms thats Keith is certainly still working on it.My only problem is that I have my sources setup to use Vatsim weather because thats all I fly, so the controler tells me the QNH is 1011 and so does the Tracking in Weather Center 2 but when I set my QNH to that level the incorrect alt is shown meaning that FS doesnt have the same QNH as Weather Center is using...any suggestions?Basically I dont think Weather Center is manipulating the weather as well as it should, crusing through FL120 into dublin last night and the OAT was 30 Celcius!RegardsJohnhttp://www.bavirtual.co.uk 650Hours ;)P 2.53 GHZ512 RAMWINXPGFORCE 4 128MB Ti4600http://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg