Sign in to follow this  
Guest lucc

New program uploaded.

Guest dal

Hi all, I've recently uploaded a program to this site, it's had 423 downloads but I've had no feedback on it ( my e mail was included in the read me .) If someone wouldn't mind downloading it (It's only a 242 kb download) & installing it & just posting back to let me know if it installs ok that would be much appreciated. Obviously I've tried it on my own computer & it installs & works fine.This program will look through all your airports and count the number of parking spaces for the various types of gates/ ramps for each airport, additionally it will count the number of runways and length of the longest runway ( usefull when flying heavies ). You will then have a searchable database of airports where you can choose the criteria i.e show me all the airports with more than 5 heavy gates and length of longest runway is more than 8000 feet. You can also filter out those results so you only see those aiports that are within a specified range of a airport that you choose. http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...4util&Go=SearchThis program is in the FS2004 / utilities section called gatefinderNote : When the program is installed it will appear in your all programs list as TEXTREAD ( I originally named it that but was unable to rename it - don't ask !!!)

Guest lucc

Hi,I downloaded and installed your program without a problem.However when I run the program all the gates, except the Cargo, are in the column other spaces. I looked in the help with explaines you have to use the standard gate radius. I checked that and as far as I know I use the standard gate radius. See attachments.What size are you using as standard gate radius ? or am I doing something wrong ?Rgds

Guest dal

Hi, thanks for testing it for me. I've looked at your attatchments and your gate sizes look fine. I've tried opening the airport you used (EBBR) and all the gates appear in the correct columns so I'm not sure whats going on there.You could try re starting FS and creating a new dumped airports list file, opening gatefinder and open the airports list file directly without opening & re saving as a text file.Not sure if this makes any difference but what operating system are you using ?Regards Dal.

Guest lucc

Hi,I did what you suggested but I have still the same problem. I then uninstalled the Traffic Toolbox SDK and yr program and reinstalled it. Started Gatefinder and opened the Airports.dat file. I received an error of which a copy in attach. Changing the file name to airports.txt makes no change.I use WinXP with all available patches installed.RgdsLuc