Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

IS IT TRUE ABOUT MSFS 2004 COF?!?

I have been reading about COF coming out soon and there is one thing I am really excited about(potentially). From some of the screenshots, it seems as though it might be raining elsewhere under some distant clouds and you can see it raining from an area where it is not raining. IS this true?I have never liked how it is clear one minute and then raining the next without some visual clues. Your flying along and the computer decides it should be raining heavily and Wallah! heavy rain. Well I should have seen that storm visually awhile ago right? It would be great to say "Hey, I think I'll go fly into that squall I see over there" Then as I fly into it the rain starts and the winds shift. I LOVE the idea of it. Is it true. If so, can anyone expand on this?Thanks from a new poster.

http://members.cox.net/spambait/capslock.gif(Looks like you're yelling!) I think what you are saying is a feature, but to a degree... I don't think you'll SEE the rain itself in a distant area, but you should certainly see the clouds. The new weather engine advertises that weather builds and rolls in, etc. etc. You should be able to see the front approach, as opposed to the current "spawning" of weather all around you.Something tells me seeing distant rain is a little too much for this version. But if I am wrong, I'm one happy camper! That would be great!-Germ

Germ,SORRY ABOUT THE yelling ;)I downloaded a screenshot background from microsoft that shows what I am referring to. If you are interested I could email ya.I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this feature.Mark

I've seen those screens as well and it sure looks like you can see the sheets of rain to me! I wonder if they did virga too... (rain that's falling froma cloud but evaporates before reaching the ground)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Yes, they did model Virga. You can find it in the screenshots section.Rumor has it that "smooth" transitions will be there for changing weather patterns. That way, when you have auto weather update on, you won

>Rumor has it that "smooth" transitions will be there for>changing weather patterns. That way, when you have auto>weather update on, you won?t jump This is one rumor I did not hear. But I hope you are right - for your sake. :-lol :-lolMichael J.

If this is true, I can't tell you how jazzed I am to hear that !!!2004 can't get here soon enough!!Walt,

That screenshot looks niice! I guess it IS there after all! I hope it is a feature that sticks! :)Countdown to July = too far away.-Greg

It would be great to be able to fly along that edge maintaining VFR!

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)