Sign in to follow this  
Guest Badger

Pink Mania

Guest Badger

I've just re-read a great HOW To...article on night lighting panels over on Flightsim.com.The advice is spot on and nothing new BUT..it doesn't seem to work for Virtual Cockpits that still retain their pink glow. Great for my Captain Sim 727 but not so good for any of my vintage fleet.Apologies if someone has already asked this question, but How do I change the night light glow for Virtual Cockpits?If it can't be done in FS2002 has anyone seen the beta of FS2004 and the checked out the colour of the VC's for its new vintage aircraft?RegardsMark

Guest moonkey

Just searching the archive and came across this post and question that i also would like the answer to: is there a way to turn off or change the pinkish glow in the virtual cockpit of the default aircraft at night? In the cessna it looks like the red dome light is still on: so is there a separate switch for this?Thanks anyone

Guest Badger

Hi there,I never got an answer to this exact question, but looking at other forums and different articles, I've never seen a switch for the VC lights.The VC is coded in the .mdl file and can't be influenced with switches, as far as I know.

Just to further on this thread.... unless the gauge lights have been coded in the model (Gmax planes only) the light that controls the VC lighting is the fx_vclight entry in the aircraft cfg. try looking around for a plane with a white vc light (I think Mikko's Maule has one, or you can use the one that comes with my super pacer) and change the vc light line in your aircraft to use the new effect.Brian