Sign in to follow this  
tgibson

Thats weird

Wolfko made a post about AI having lights on now during the day in CoF which he also posted a screenshot in this fourm. I noticed that by the looks of the other AI traffic CoF is now (99%) using parrells from that screen shot. But the thread got removed.Kilstorm

Yes it was removed. Image in this forum for other than assistance, and the image was far larger than our policy allows.

Hi Tom,sorry I did not consider, that the pic was way too big, when I postetd the link. When I saw the final result, I was sure it will be removed! I understand and have no problems with that.RegardsWolfgang :-wave

Wolfgang,Not sure if you saw my reply to your orginal post. Your shot shows very good support for CoF now using parallels for take off and landings. Maybe if you were to post the shot in the screenshot forum so it could be debated. The reason why I feel that CoF will use parallels is that one 747 under the right engine of the plane thats in the air. It seems to be clearing the runway after landing on the shorter of the two runways and theres a plane holding short at the threshold of the parallel of the longer of the two. It supports a good case that we could expect departing and landing runways when available.Kilstorm

Hi Kilstorm,yes, this would be cool, if parallel t/os and landings would work in FS2004.The pic I posted is out of a series of FS2004 pics which are currently on the FS Gateway site http://www.fsgateway.net/Just klick on Ultimate Traffic in the menue on the LEFT side of the site (the links on the right side are somehow mixed up) or easier (:-)) just follow this direct link to the Ultimate Traffic shots http://www.fsgateway.net/fs2004/default.htmThere are allready some threads about those pics here in the FS2002 forum.Regards,Wolfgang

Multiple runway use isn't that hard to obtain now. What it hard is getting it to work properly. All the previews so far have been all about the "eye candy". I'm waiting for someone to comment on the AI in FS2004. Mostly, they have been pretty much just repeating MS press releases as far as the AI ATC air is concerned. I can't recall reading anything about ATC AI ground improvements. If they haven't improved that, then multiple runway use is going to be just as frustrating as now. Have they improved taxi speeds or do we still need AI speed freeware. Have they solved the problem of aircraft meeting nose to nose and getting jammed up. HAve they solved the problems of aircraft landing and clearing the runway in proper time for following aircraft. Have they found a solution for the ATC ground in dealing with landing aircraft being able to cross active runways. Right now if there is a line of aircraft waiting to take off, then landing aircraft are never allowed to cross over into terminal areas (KLAX, KATL, etc.) causing everything following be unable to land. There are more issues, but you get the drift.With the release date supossedly only 6 weeks away, I'm getting somewhat concerned about the lack of info on the AI routines from the previewers. There's got to be more than "look at the pretty clouds!"At least one could hope.Just a few friendly thoughts. Fitz

The only thing I have heard about AI ground behaviour is, that AI aircrafts will do a proper push back in FS2004 and not just do a 180

So true Fitz. It sounds like MS made an attempt to solve the over taking by AI when on final but nothing mentioned about AI ground behavior. All I keep reading about is weather, weather, weather. I look forward to it and am sure that I will be in awe with the new engine but AI is also very important since you can hit a cloud but not another plane and if ATC doesnt help in preventing that or works against you then whats the point of having it.Kilstorm

Guest waltch

You are absolutely right to ask these questions!I posted a similar request in another forum and asked the holders of press-beta-releases of FS2004 (not the beta testers because they are bound by the NDA) to say something about the announced AI improvements and separation procedures, not only on ground but also in the air. Are they sent into holdings when there are too many incoming planes at the same time?However, I did not get any answers. As you say, they only keep giving us nice pictures of clouds.Walter

These are the only things I've heard about...A/c now get proper pushback but not stated if all or just those a/c that should get pushback now get pushbacked.Can now request higher/lower, alternate airfield, IFR popup and approaches to all runways but not stated if cleared to land at runways that are not active.ATC will now instruct AI to go around if they will over take you once your cleared to land when on final but no mention of holds.It would be very interesting to find out about if ATC is now more proficient with the radio. Way to much traffic calls that are not a factor. Since ATC can now determine if the field is IFR then hopefully they can tell when planes are in IMC and wont give traffic calls knowing that you cant see the planes anyway.It would also be great to get ride of the "turn next taxiway" and "make straight in approach" from tower when flying IFR and handed off from APP to TWR. "Postion and hold" would be a nice thing to speed things up. This could be used after the plane landing is on the runway and if no other plane has been cleared to land. Maybe just replace the "turn next taxiway" with "Position and hold". If MS wants to provide a more user friendly sim to new users then maybe they should add a co-pilot/instructor like Rob which you would hear tips like that "you want to clear the active now" that could be activated at the users desire. Also add to the "request progessive taxi" by adding a "request parking assistance" since users might know where to taxi to park but not sure where ATC wants the user to actually park. Having a marshaller would be the idea thing but doesnt seem like that made the cut.

Wow! I thought I was a lone voice in the wilderness. I made similar comments a few weeks ago in an other forum and it was like I had insulted someones mother. I suspect (I hope I'm wrong), that the ground AI is going to be pretty much the same. I remember when FS2K4 was announced, many called it the long awaited patch for FS2K2. Afcad and I have been joined at the hip trying to get a fairly realistic runway/ parking pattern working at my favorite airports and I'm mature enough to realize there are limitations to what can be done for a $50 sim, but here's hoping for some improvements in the AI's grey matter. And yes, I will be first in line to purchase the beast! Fitz