Sign in to follow this  
Guest crw7

ILS APPROACH LINE_UP

Guest crw7

I just loaded the PMDG 474-400x, set up a flight form LAX to LGB.. The landing runway is ILS 30 with a heading of 301.. The FMS has the heading as 305 degrees, when The aircraft captured the localizer, it tracked to the right side of the runway...Now so far I've noticed that the FMS settings are incorrect for KSNA as well,,, ILS 19R is set at 208, not 198 .. how do you fix this?

I'd run the registry repair tool from Flight1.com as I just opened those airports in ADE and the ils localisers are definitely in line with the runways.I believe the autoland uses the ils from fsx for landing anyway as long as the frequency is correct so don't worry too much about a few degrees.John Ellison

supporter.jpgJohn Ellison

Guest crw7
I'd run the registry repair tool from Flight1.com as I just opened those airports in ADE and the ils localisers are definitely in line with the runways.I believe the autoland uses the ils from fsx for landing anyway as long as the frequency is correct so don't worry too much about a few degrees.John Ellison
This isn't happening on any of the other programs, Level D 767, Feelthere 737.. everything works ok.. will this register repair tool isolate the PMDG 747 program? Just had the samething happen on a flight into DFW .. ILS 35L autoland finally engaged and it landed just off the rt side of the runway..

Guest mhedbi

I guess you mean that the ILS currently leads you to the side of the runway or are you talking about course selector (which is actually automatically given by the CDU and is sometimes wrong)?

I have had the same problem with the MD-11 for months and haven't received any effective help. I tried the link in the previous post--it didn't take me anywhere.Eric

That should be a good link, I just tried it again. Anyway:SYMPTOMS This problem is most commonly presented as an error tracking either an enroute segment or an ILS localizer, and the ILS approach terminating abeam (aside) the runway rather than in the touchdown zone on the runway. This problem may also present itself as a magnetic deviation error; for example, a stock scenery runway magnetic heading error while on the runway and aligned with the center line. This problem can occur in any PMDG aircraft in either FS9/FSX. POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS Registery Error The solution that seems to fix the tracking errors for most users, based on forum threads, is to repair an error in the operating system (usually XP but also reported in Vista) registry. This repair is quick and easy, but may have to be done occasionally for unknown reasons. The registry repair tool is a free download from Flight1 and appears safe to use, since no adverse affects have been reported in the forum. Vista users please note that this tool should be run as administrator; otherwise, it may seem to run okay but not fix the problem. You can obtain the tool here (FS9/FSX Registry Repair Tool): http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library Scenery Error A few forum users have found that an add-on scenery (or AFCAD) was causing the tracking and/or magnetic deviation errors. Verifying this problem is quick and easy but the fix may require patience. This problem can be isolated by turning off all add-on scenery in your MSFS using the scenery library manager. If an add-on scenery is causing the problem, the solution is isolate the offending scenery or AFCAD and deactivate it. Note that this does not remove the scenery; reactivating the scenery only requires opening the scenery library manager and reactivating by checking the appropriate box. Magdec File Corruption This problem only presents itself in FS9/FS2004. Some users have reported that a corrupt magdec.bgl file will cause tracking errors. To isolate this a the source of the problem, inspect your magdec.bgl file to ensure it is an original file (original files will be dated same time frame such as 3/3/2003 and size will be 128KB). Restoring this file, if found changed from original, will correct tracking errors. This file is found in your ...\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\BASE\Scenery folder. If none of the above helps, please be sure to post the solution you find here so we can add it to the help item.

Dan Downs KCRP