Sign in to follow this  
Guest JohnN

Question for Clayton4115 - FS2004 AI

Guest JohnN

Hi Clayton,Thanks for the great write-up on the new AI, but there's one thing on which I'm not clear. You said:The question: If you select a runway that is 'not active', why will you be "told to fly the approach and circle to LAND ON THE ACTIVE RW" if you've requested one that is not active? I'll appreciate hearing from you.Regards, John Membrino

hi,I must be retarded because I can't find the Ai write up your talking about. Can you please point me to where I can find it? Id like to read it :-).thanks,Andrew

This is how it works in the real world. If you want to practice an approach to a non-active runway, you will be told to circle for the active if you plan on landing. This is also used in cases where you shoot an approach in IMC to a runway which is not active, but it is the only approach. In this case, you must have the airport in sight by the time you reach the circling minimums. Otheriwse, you go missed.

Guest JohnN

Hi sai87,You are by no means retarded. Clayton's message was a previous post under the title: Subject: "question answered regarding SID/STARs ATC for FS2004!". By the time you read this, I think it will be easier to find by searching on his moniker, "Clayton4115". By all means, read it and the great thread that follows.Good luck, John

hi John,i am so sorry for not replying to you, its been 3 months, but i did not even come across this message, my apologies.I only found this message just now, when i was searching for something different under my name, well hope your question is answered now and your playing fs2oo4.Regards

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram